Amman, Jordan ~ October 24-26, 2019
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
An Interdisciplinary, Cross-cultural Conference focused on dynamics and implications of communal and transgenerational trauma, and developing practical approaches to effectively prevent and treat trauma at both the individual and communal level.
Conference Details and Presenter Proposal Forms at:
- Published by Steve Olweean
- October 24, 2019 12:00 am
- Tags: Peacebuilding, jordan, training, war, refugees, Conflict Resolution, Violence, Trauma, Peace, Global Health, research, disaster relief, Dance Movement Therapy, Empowerment, Mental Health, Psychsocial, cross-cultural
- Leave your thoughts
Participants are able
to assess the effects of traumatic events and adequate responses;
to reflect upon their own role as the counselling person;
to take care of their own needs as caregiver.
Understanding the emotional effects of conflicts and disasters on their victims and responding to the victims` needs are crucial capacities for peace workers and staff of NGOs working in conflict...
September 30th 2019 – November 15th, 2019
€750 – €1500
We are pleased to offer seven different trainings during September – November 2019, namely:
Strategising Nonviolent Change
Date: 30th September – 4th October
Counselling in Trauma and Stress
Date: 7th – 11th October
Date: 14th – 18th October
Managing Teams and Organisations
Date: 21st –...
- Published by KURVE Wustrow e.V.
- September 30, 2019 12:00 am
- Tags: training, Social Change, Trauma, Peace, Security, nonviolence, Conflict Transformation, Managing, international training peace nonviolent action applications open, Practitioner, Project Management, germany training wustrow nonviolence action
- Leave your thoughts
Join us for “Trauma, Peace-building and Resilience – Level 1” at the 2019 Canadian School of Peacebuilding with instructors Vicki Enns and Wendy Kroeker. Courses are available for professional development, personal inspiration or academic credit. When individuals, families, or communities have been impacted by trauma, there can be ongoing vulnerability and post-traumatic stress as well as...
Taught by Katie Mansfield and Joy Kreider
Traumatic events impact how individuals and groups think, feel, and behave as well as how societies are organized. Unhealed trauma often leads to violence and violence causes more violence as victims act out against others or become self-destructive. Created to help those who work with individuals, groups, or communities suffering from current or historic trauma,...
Taught by Katie Mansfield
During STAR Level II participants are invited to:
* Share STAR experiences from your context with each other.
* Review the core concepts of STAR and the 3-part STAR snail model, using Village STAR, a practical and simply illustrated manual.
* Practice exercises and skills that promote healing and build resilience.
* Plan and receive feedback on how you will engage STAR concepts...
A chance for anybody working in the fields of peacebuilding, conflict transformation, or with vulnerable populations such as refugees and asylum seekers to share experience and knowledge relating to mental health, psychology and trauma.
The fields of Psychology and Peacebuilding have much to offer each other, and yet it seems that only the occasional conference and a few organisations are focusing...