Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
World BEYOND War, a global grassroots network of activists and allied organizations advocating for the end to all war, is hiring a Development Director. Our reach is international, with membership from 175 countries worldwide. Our work focuses on peace education, weapons divestment, and closing military bases. We have successfully moved multi-issue coalitions to take up the cause of peace, coalitions of peace groups to advocate for war abolition, and politicians to include peace in their platforms.
The Development Director works to strengthen and expand the capabilities of World BEYOND War by increasing revenue. The Development Director will work in tandem with the Organizing Director and Education Director where responsibilities overlap. This is a part-time 20 hrs/wk remote position.
Fundraising (Primary responsibility)
- Manage donor management system
- Research grant opportunities and draft applications
- Use membership database to derive donations
- Establish relationship with major donors
- Research and recruit major donors
- Recruit recurring donors
- Plan fundraising events/campaigns
- Create fundraising plan
- Take part in budget planning
- Pursue various fundraising avenues such as e-mail, direct mail, social media
- Attend training sessions/classes/access websites, e.g. Foundation Center
- Coordinate logistical details for events, such as World BEYOND War’s annual conferences
Speaking & Writing
- Draft content for grant applications, donor appeal letters, action alerts, website and newsletters
- Speak at public events, fundraisers, conferences, and other venues
- Serve as a representative of World BEYOND War to the public and the media
- The Development Director will participate in the strategic planning
- The Development Director may be asked to perform other tasks as requested by the Director
Requirements & Skills:
- Ready access to a fast, reliable internet connection. Proficient in internet navigation.
- Mastery of English language
- Proficiency with database management
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Proficiency with social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Proficiency with donor management software is desired
- Firm understanding of IRS requirements for 501c3 designation is desired