About WITNESS: WITNESS makes it possible for anyone, anywhere to use video and technology to protect and defend human rights.
Internships at WITNESS offer a unique, hands-on opportunity to enhance your educational objectives through practical, real-world experience under the guidance and mentoring of experienced professionals in the areas of human rights, video advocacy, communications, media operations, fundraising, IT, human resources, and nonprofit administration. Interns participate in an array of activities depending on the department and projects, which may include research, event planning, outreach, organizational support, translation, and writing.
The Human Resources Intern will communicate with the HR team to assist with various projects and provide administrative, organizational, and recruitment support as needed. This individual will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of the entire Human Resources Department and they will have the opportunity to learn various HR functions such as: legal compliance, employee relations, compensation, benefits, organizational development, and much more. The HR intern will also assist in global projects such as: employee manual updates and internship program initiatives.
- Assist with evaluation and update of employee manual.
- File and organize HR documents (hard copy and electronic), ensuring compliance with state and federal laws
- Provide support for organizational culture initiatives
- Assist with internship program process and recruitment
- Complete all tasks assigned by HR
By the end of the internship, the intern will have:
- Assisted in updating employee manual ensuring compliance and culture fit
- Worked with HR team on streamlining companywide internship program initiatives
- Overall exposure to all HR functions and areas with direct mentoring from HR Manager
Currently we are seeking interns enrolled in a 4 year undergraduate or graduate program related to Human Resources studies. We also review applicants of recent graduates who may be seeking the same type of mentorship and educational focus related to their career choice or educational background.
The following would be beneficial for entering our program:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Junior or senior in college preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
We require a minimum commitment of 2 months, for 16-24 hours a week. Internships are unpaid. All internships are based in our Brooklyn office, convenient to the Atlantic Terminal / Barclays Center (2,3,4,5,B,D,Q,N, & R trains), LIRR, and the C (Lafayette) and G (Fulton) trains.
No phone inquiries, please. Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a Resume and Cover Letter with “Human Resources” in the Subject. Please include 3 references, of which at least 1 must be an academic contact. Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the posting in your application.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply.