The OTI Position Title is a full-time Personal Services Contract (PSC) position at the GS-13 equivalent level and located in Washington, DC. Applications for this position are due no later than November 20, 2017 at 1:00pm Eastern Time (Deadline Extended). For full information about this position, as well as instructions on how to apply, please read the entire solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net. Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the posting in your application.
As a key member of the OTI Operations and Management Division, the Office Support Team Leader is directly responsible for the overall management, coordination, and evaluation of administrative and/or program services in support of OTI program-funded staff in Washington and the field. The Office Support Team Leader will be expected to coordinate a myriad of administrative management tasks including space coordination, unit security, emergency preparedness and administrative management services compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The work of the Office Support Team Leader requires teamwork, the exercise of discretion, judgment, and personal responsibility. As a member of a highly operational office, the incumbent is willing and able to perform a wide range of administrative functions to help ensure programmatic success. The incumbent has a high level of integrity and attention to detail to ensure the use of OTI systems and procedures to maintain effective and efficient management of funds, programming, and monitoring and evaluation. The incumbent is highly flexible and willing to work under conditions of ongoing change, and remains professional and respectful of colleagues and authority in a diverse workforce. She or he places a premium on the building of positive relationships with his or her respective team both in the field and in Washington, and with key stakeholders both in and outside of USAID. The incumbent is able to prioritize and complete tasks without follow-up by the supervisor, while also filling in gaps as needed to ensure the responsiveness of the team. The Office Support Team Leader is a strategic thinker, articulates innovative ideas, presents solutions, and is a positive role model for colleagues both in and outside of OTI.
Under the direct supervision of the Washington-based Deputy Chief, Operations and Management Division, or his/her designee the Office Support Team Leader will perform the following duties:
- Serve as an administrative management specialist using broad knowledge and experience in office management, and liaising with offices outside of OTI, to successfully oversee issues related to facilities management including workstation assignments and changes, telephone assignments and transfers, records management, and general office management such as supply orders and safety and emergency preparedness;
- Provide support and updated information to supervisors and employees on questions and requests related to the administrative support services provided by OTI which may include liaising with offices outside of OTI;
- Directly supervise the Office Support Team. Ensure that staff is highly qualified, trained, and mentored in all critical aspects of administrative management policies and operations. Ensure that employee performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner in accordance with OTI office policy;
- Independently manage and coordinate OTI records management program including maintenance and disposition of administrative and program files;
- Mentor other OTI Team Leaders, and mentor and train Country Representatives and Program Managers regarding Administrative Management processes;
- Coordinate requests for information and inform OTI staff and leadership of important regulatory requirements and events;
- Develop, maintain, and implement office policies and procedures related to general office management to maintain efficiency. Identify issues/problems bringing any major management issues to the attention of the Deputy Chief, Operations and Management Division;
- Coordinate and facilitate office-wide morale and well-being activities, including but not limited to multiple annual OTI events and staff care initiatives;
- Coordinate closely between OTI’s three divisions (Operations and Management Division, Field Programs Division, and the Program, Learning and Innovations Division) on all issues related to the administrative management of the office;
- Serve as records liaison officer and coordinate with Office of Information and Records Division (IRD) accordingly ensuring OTI is in compliance with latest records regulations;
- Manage space and cube moves, telephone transfers, and other administrative issues; serve as a Direct Line Officer (DLO) for OTI and liaises with Bureau-level Administrative Management Services (AMS) as required;
- As needed, serve on short-term assignments with other USAID offices or bureaus in direct support of OTI programs. These placements shall not exceed three months;
- Develop, implement, and train OTI staff on administrative management tools and systems;
- Manage unit security and classified information access for OTI; oversee process and management of ClassNet requests and issues as required;
- Carry out special administrative projects identified by OTI management; with little to no supervision, independently plan, coordinate, and complete special assignments as directed;
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the successful completion of country programs and operations.
At a minimum, the applicant must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of work experience;
An Associate’s Degree with a minimum of nine (9) years of work experience;
A high school diploma with a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience liaising with outside offices and organizations;
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Please direct questions about this position or the application process to the OTI Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.