An American NGO serving disadvantaged communities in Palestine
Tomorrow’s Youth Organization is an American non-profit organization that works in disadvantaged areas of the Middle East, enabling children, youth and parents to realize their potential as healthy, active and responsible family and community members. TYO’s flagship center is in Nablus, Palestine (West Bank). Find out more about our work via www.tomorrowsyouth.org.
TYO offers three-month internships at its center in Nablus through the International Internship Program. Applications are currently open for the spring 2019 session which runs from February 8 until May 6 (dates subject to change). We are recruiting a number of highly qualified and motivated interns with interest and experience in:
- Community development, social work, and psychology
- Early childhood education, elementary education, academic support, and youth programming
- Women’s social and economic empowerment
- Youth and female entrepreneurship
Interns will work full-time in cooperation with TYO local and international staff to implement programs for TYO’s communities from refugee camps and other marginalized areas of Nablus, in particular children, youth, and women. Depending on their interests and expertise, interns are active in one or more of the following areas:
- Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language for all ages and including absolute beginners
- Sports, dance, drama, music, art, IT, nutrition, and professional competency classes
- Photography, videography, social media, and graphic design
- Monitoring and evaluation and curriculum development
Interning at TYO is a chance to develop professional and intercultural skills through gaining on-the-ground working experience in a non-profit organization in the Middle East. While receiving in-depth cultural orientation and assistance in reaching their personal internship goals, interns will improve key skills including time management, professional reporting, problem-solving, writing for digital media, teamwork, flexibility, and cross-cultural competencies.
- English language fluency
- Commitment to TYO’s non-political, non-religious approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as perform as a member of a team
- Maturity, positivity, flexibility, initiative, perseverance, and a good sense of humor given the challenging nature of daily life in Nablus
- Creativity and positive energy for making a difference
- Significant experience in one or more of the areas mentioned above
- Previous international and cross-cultural exposure
- Undergraduate or graduate studies in education, development, gender studies, psychology, social work, entrepreneurial studies, media, or related fields
- Knowledge of Levantine Arabic would be an asset but is not necessary
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than January 6, 2019. Inquiries can be directed to the same address. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.