Website B Lab
Strategic Growth Relationship Manager
at B Lab(View all jobs)
Who We Are:
B Lab is the global nonprofit governing body of the standards that distinguish the Certified B Corp™ community as leaders and exists to serve, inspire, and empower a global movement of people using business as a force for good™. Its vision is that one day all companies will compete to be Best for the World®, building an inclusive economy that creates a shared and durable prosperity for all.
The Strategic Growth Relationship Manager will serve as a as a critical member of the Strategic Growth (Fundraising) team by building long term relationships with organizations and individuals that can enable B Lab’s strategy and key initiatives through grants and donations. This role will work closely with peers to create strong philanthropic partnerships that support B Lab’s mission, vision , and desire to grow a more diverse and inclusive B Economy.
Core Job Functions:
Functional responsibilities and tasks for this role include:
Donor Engagement and Strategy
- Manage a caseload of potential and current donors, ensuring that they find value in the partnership and feel connected to B Lab’s mission.
- Work closely with other teams at B Lab to identify mission-aligned funding opportunities and partners, and to facilitate conversations between funding partners and program leads.
- Inform strategy for fundraising tactics, including developing better avenues to engage and retain individual donors who want to make a positive impact on our economic system.
Grant Writing, Research and Reporting
- Develop, write, and oversee grants – with a focus on effective monitoring and evaluation and alignment with program priorities.
- Have a blast collaborating with a dynamic group of peers who are committed to serving the team and accelerating B Lab’s mission for informed grant writing and data collection
Preferred Qualifications Include:
The ideal candidate exhibits at least someof the following:
- Driven be a sense of service and willing to support a talented and hard-working team in meeting their potential
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – results driven and able to efficiently reach results.
- Strong and authentic interpersonal skills – a strong interest in getting to know grant-making entities and the people who drive their impact.
- Strong written and communication skills – able to write for a variety of audiences.
- Some knowledge of the movement to build a new stakeholder-driven economy, as well as exposure to B Lab’s work.
- Some knowledge or experience in philanthropy, or a strong interest in learning more about that space.
- Experience with databases and sales or donor management systems (Salesforce, etc.).
- Basic understanding of impact metrics and experience with measuring success in a complex setting.
- Basic understanding of key office platforms: Excel, Word, Powerpoint as well as Google for small businesses: Google docs, Slides, etc.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion that drives decisions and informs strategic choices.
Additionally, the ideal candidate:
- Can work independently as needed and tolerate ambiguity.
- Has a willingness to travel 25% time.
- Has experience working on remote teams, a plus
- Has a strong tie to B Lab Mission, maintains a mission-first attitude and is willing to be a team player to get the job done. Believes that “nothing is not my job” and is willing to do what it takes to advance B Lab’s work.
- Is curious and has a passion for learning, and is eager to engage in new tools, content and perspectives.
- Works collaboratively.
- Is able to have fun with a dynamic and passionate team.
Annual starting salary beginning at $75,000 to $90,000 (depending on location and experience) plus excellent benefits. In addition to your salary, you’ll also receive medical, vision and dental coverage; 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and professional development support after your first year of employment. In your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks of vacation.
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Once you submit this form, the team will begin processing your application and reaching out to candidates for initial phone screens. Applications for this role will close on January 21,2019. You will receive an update on your application status no later than January 30th, but it may be sooner. If selected to move forward after an initial phone screen, you will be scheduled to interview with the hiring manager, B Lab’s Director of Strategic Growth no later than February 1st.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission.We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.