END VIOLENT CONFLICT. It’s our purpose — our call to action.
We fight against hate, violence, and discrimination.
We fight for respect, love, and progress.
We fight for humanity.
Battle for Humanity, (B4H) is a social movement and game that turns virtual interaction into real world action. Users choose missions that fight destructive conflict in real life and become bonafide heroes in their communities.
B4H is an initiative of Search for Common Ground, the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding organization. Withheadquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining a community highly motivated and inspiring Searchers who have dedicated their lives to making a better world for all.
We are searching for…
Creative Minions and Social Media Wizards who have a way with words, video, graphics, hashtags, or all the above. We’re looking for hard-working, dedicated young people who live outside the box. Who are ready to embark on a new adventure into uncharted territory. Who believe technology has the power not just to connect us, but to ignite the inner hero in all of us.
We jokingly say “minion”, but in truth, you will be an invaluable member of our team. Your ideas will be valued, and your voice will hold equal weight. You will help us shape something we hope transforms the world as we know it.
In building Battle for Humanity, we’re gamifying doing good. Have you ever been struck by something in the news – a terrorist attack or tragic image of a refugee – and wondered, “What can I do to help? What will actually make a difference?” The Battle for Humanity mobile app gives you just that: concrete tasks you can do and share to spark a better world, where we fight for the dignity of every human being.
We are launching the B4H mobile app in two months. Apply to our Creative Minion Internship, and work with the founding Creative Team that’s mixing online and offline into a formidable concoction to unite youth around the world.
Search for Common Ground is seeking an intern with skills in digital communications. The Digital Media Intern will report to the founders of B4H. The intern will assist in mobilizing our community of supporters and coordinating closely with the Creative Team behind Battle for Humanity, Search for Common Ground’s global partners, and field offices across continents. Through hands-on training, the Digital Media Intern will hone skills that can be broadly applied to the nonprofit, tech, and marketing sectors in general. The scope of the internship will be tailored to the intern’s strengths and experience. This is an unpaid internship with the option of earning college credit. The intern will be based in DC, Philadelphia, or Southern Oregon, with the option of working remotely. Your day-to-day will involve:
- Engaging supporters and potential users via social media and email blasts
- Providing administrative assistance to the leadership of B4H
- Supporting digital media marketing strategies
- Researching startup issues, such as trademarks, domain names, and more
- Monitoring users’ online activities – quantitative and qualitative – to help determine the relevance, resonance, and efficacy of planned program activities
- Writing or editing proposals to potential funders
- Assisting with design of marketing material for Battle for Humanity
- Assisting with mission design during Battle for Humanity’s pre-launch phase
- Contributing to the creative process behind Battle for Humanity
REMOTE WORKING IS AN OPTION (for those not located in DC)
As internship descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Personable, flavor-filled writer
- Highly emotional intelligent; proven relationship-builder
- Savvy on social media; experienced in digital communications strategies
- Passionate for Search for Common Ground’s mission to end violent conflict
- Creative; artistic; knowledgeable of trending styles
- Demonstrated interest in tech and pop culture
- Self-starter; organized; detail-oriented
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Familiarity with web and mobile applications development and social media integration
- Familiarity with WordPress and SquareSpace
- Experience with browser-based email blast services (ex: Constant Contact, Salsa, etc.)
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- Send a cover letter and resume to our website here.
- Start date
- Hours per week availability
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.