Website Search for Common Ground
The Assistant to the CEO and President serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Executive Office.
This position is based in Washington, DC, and may require occasional travel.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Manages day-to-day administrative affairs of the Executive office; schedules all appointments, conferences and speaking engagements and other commitments; handles changes or cancellations as necessary;
- Screens incoming calls and other requests, determining their nature, and whether they require escalation;
- Provides the CEO and President with background information, meeting summaries, and/or supporting documents in preparation for scheduled commitments;
- Provides senior level administrative support to the CEO and President, facilitating communication on his behalf (draft emails, follow-up with letters, memos, reports, e-mail, telephone calls);
- Organizes and manages travel arrangements (domestic and international);
- Serves as a liaison with other departments, organizations, government offices, and other stakeholders;
- Handles all business finances, reconciles credit card statements and manages all expense reports in a timely manner;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executive team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature;
- Develops and communicates meeting schedules, agendas, takes minutes, transcribes meeting notes, and helps arrange all audio-visual support needed for meetings through tools such as GoToMeeting or Google Hangouts for remote participants;
- Works independently and within teams on special and ongoing projects when necessary;
- Prepares quarterly organizational reports and assists with the development and management of departmental budgets.
Other related duties may be required and other responsibilities may be assigned based on the selected candidate’s experience. From time to time, this role requires to respond to requests outside regular business hours–especially when supporting travel schedules.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 3 years of combined executive-level support experience;
- Experience working in an international setting;
- Experience working in a non-profit or similar environment;
- French is a big plus;
- Experience in a legal environment a plus;
You must exhibit great attention to detail, thrive in ambiguity, and be willing to work above and beyond to improve the efficiency of the Office of the President.
The ideal individual will be able to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to maintain a realistic balance among competing priorities.
This important role requires the ability to work independently on various projects, as well as the ability to work well under pressure, handling a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential information with poise, tact, and diplomacy;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including teammates, board members, other executives, and external legal partners;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated high proficiency for correct spelling, grammar, tone and syntax;
- Takes initiative to get tasks done, proactively tracks status of projects and solves problems to keep projects moving forward;
- Emotional maturity, able to take constructive feedback, thrive in ambiguity, and perform under pressure;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and general use of the Internet and use of online meeting technologies.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.