Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
The post-holder will be based in Kinshasa In the Democratic Republic of Congo and will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
The CoP is accountable for security, health and Safety, programme and operational questions. The CoP ensure overall leadership for Search for Common Ground media programmes and programming in the DRC
This position is conditional upon funding
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program
- Serve as the principal liaison for this project on behalf of Search for Common Ground with USAID and other donors, government officials, civil society organization partners, local partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders of this program
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and national institutions and leaders as well as international organizations active in the media sector
- Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development of local organizations
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with Search for Common Ground’s headquarter offices in Brussels and Washington, DC
- Manage relationships among partner and consortium organizations
- Oversee project finances, logistical management, budget management
- Supervise, manage, and develop strategic plans
- Manage and oversee staff security
- Identify and contract Strategic and Operational partners for Search for Common Ground media work.
- Conduct one session to the USAID team on what the Search for Common Ground media work entails
- One presentation to the SMT of the Strategic vision of the Media programme
- Detailed and costed work plans are developed and shared with staff under the Media programme
- A clear strategy is developed on how to implement the Media project
- MoUs, are developed with all partners linked to the project
- Clear financial and programme plans for partners are developed in line Search for Common Ground processes and procedures
STAFF, SAFETY, HEALTH AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- All staff are trained in Security
- All staff have clear and SMART Objectives for the probation periods
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 10 to 15 years of progressive international experience working on strengthening and reforming the media sector, civic engagement, with experience working in the international development sector
- Experience working in the Democratic Republic of Congo preferred
- Understanding of the political, economic, and media landscape in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience)
- Experience with USAID- and/or US government-funded programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government and donor officials at multiple levels
Skills and Competencies
- Proven leadership qualities – excellent management skills, strong communication skills
- Professional proficiency in English and French
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counseling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Working with People. The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility. The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency. The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management. The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Consultation (for managers and up). The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders while applying creative problem-solving to address business needs.
- Leadership and Navigation. The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
- Communication. The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness. The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice. The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Critical Evaluation (for managers and up). The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations based on keen analysis, best practices and an understanding of preferred outcomes.
- Business Acumen. The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Developing others (for people manager). The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.
This position will close on 30 August 2018.