The Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded media development program in the Democratic Republic of Congo will support the Chief of Party in overseeing all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is conditional upon funding
The Post holder will be located in Goma . The DCoP will provide programme monitoring support to Kalemie, Kinshasa, Bukavu and Goma, Gbadolite, Bunia. Lubumbashi as well as in any other locations that Search for Common Ground may have field operations in the future.
The Deputy Chief of Party works closely with all members of the DRC Senior Management Team, as well as with Search Regional and Global teams, all media partners, INOG and Local NGOs working on media programming, government, civil society, and other external actors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program to ensure high quality programming and efficient implementation of relevant activities
- Serve as a support for any relationship-building meeting and liaising alongside the Chief of Party on behalf of Search for Common Ground with USAID and other donors, government officials, civil society organization partners, local partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders of this program
- Supporting the development and maintenance of effective partnerships with local, provincial, and national institutions and leaders as well as international organizations active in the relevant sector
- Supporting the overseeing and monitoring of quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT:
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff on the project
- Support the CoP to oversee project finances and budget management
- Support the Chief of Party in all other relevant activities, as needed
- Ensure the appropriate training and development of personnel
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 5 to 7 years of progressive international experience working on strengthening and reforming the media sector, civic engagement, with experience working in the international development sector
- Experience working in the Democratic Republic of Congo preferred
- Understanding of the political, economic, and media landscape in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Successful track record of supporting the design, management, and implementation of complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USG projects)
- Experience with USAID- and/or US government-funded programs preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government and donor officials at multiple levels
- Proven leadership qualities – excellent management skills, strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of human relationships;
- Good guidance, counseling and negotiation skills, at all levels;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Native language skills in both English and French
- Adherence to Search for Common Ground values.
Congolese national applicants are highly encouraged to apply