Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict—away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 40 countries across the glob
About the project
The Central and Southern Africa regional team manages a diverse range of programming across an array of country and conflict contexts. We have nearly 20 projects across Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Madagascar. Each country program presents its own unique programmatic and operational opportunities and challenges. In CAR, Search is working to respond to an intensifying crisis while also continuing our existing operations aimed at long term peacebuilding. The DRC represents Search’s largest country program and requires significant grant management and reporting support. Finally, in Madagascar, a challenging fundraising environment require a creative approach to business development.
Search for Common Ground is seeking a Regional Program Support consultant. S/he will be key to shoring up the regional team as we undergo restructuring in coming months, supporting reporting, business development, grant management and communications. S/he will report to the Regional Director, and work in close collaboration with the Regional Program Manager, Program Development consultant, and country teams.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist with the coordination and monitoring of the donor reporting process
- After receiving inputs from the field, provide feedback and liaise with relevant staff in-country to finalize donor report ahead of the submission
- Ensure reports are uploaded to appropriate internal destinations, including regional Knowledge Management System and the Global Sharepoint Site
- Coordinate new business processes, preparing task trackers and coordinating the submission of proposal inputs
- Prepare specific proposal inputs as directed by supervisor
- Research funding opportunities and perform intelligence gathering on new potential partnerships
- Assist with the roll-out of Grants Management Dashboard
- Assist with the update of Grants Management Dashboard monthly
- Assist with the roll-out of new Knowledge Management System in Central African Republic and Madagascar
- Develop training for Project Managers on the new Knowledge Management System
- Support with start-up and close-out processes
- Creation of 1 website update for each country
- Creation of 2 case studies or success stories for each country
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Updated Grants Management Tracker for Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Madagascar
- Knowledge Management System rolled out for Central African Republic and Madagascar
- Training package for Knowledge Management System developed (in French) to include PowerPoint slide deck and guidance note
- Relevant reports and projects are set up to align with IATA Reporting Requirements
- Proposal Inputs, as assigned
- Project reports, as assigned
Location for the consultancy is flexible.
It is a 10-week consultancy between June 1, 2018-August 15, 2018
Budget is 4000$/month
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations, peacebuilding or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Search for Common Ground operating model and internal policies an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication in French and English
- Report and proposal writing skills
- Copy editing
- G Suite (Google Drive, Sheets, Documents, etc.)
- Work Planning
- Budget Development
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working with People. The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility. The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Drive for Results and Efficiency. The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
- Relationship Management. The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
- Communication. The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness. The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice. The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
This position will close on May 31, 2018.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
- Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the posting in your application.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.orgf or full details of our work.