Website RESULTS Educational Fund
Education for everyone. Everywhere.
RESULTS Educational Fund (REF) is seeking an intern to support its research and advocacy work in global education, focusing on the Right to Education Index (RTEI). RTEI is a global accountability initiative that aims to ensure that all people, no matter where they live, enjoy their right to a quality education. RTEI is a global index built out of the international right to education framework to monitor national progress towards its fulfillment. It reveals key areas in need of improvement, offers country-to-country comparisons, and tracks progress over time. This internship opening is effective immediately and can be for up to six months. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The Right to Education Index Communications Intern will support REF’s Global Education program, specifically the Right to Education Index (RTEI). The intern will:
- Develop and lead a communications strategy in close collaboration with REF Global Education and Communications staff to expand the online, social media, and traditional media presence of the Index.
- Work directly with senior Global Education team staff to support overall Global Education program needs.
- Provide logistical support and coordination to REF-organized education events and activities as needed.
- Participate in and provide reports on team meetings and calls.
- Assist in special projects and perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Participate in community-wide education events as desired.
- Draft blog posts and support other tasks as needed.
Desired skills and qualifications:
This position can be part- of full-time (at least 32 hours a week). Candidates who can work full days (9 am to 6 pm) are greatly preferred. Remote work is possible with regular hours. Desired skills and qualifications include:
- A background or interest in online marketing, communications, global education, international affairs, or other related fields.
- Office experience desired, preferably in a non-profit setting on a team-oriented project.
- Ability to work individually in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks efficiently often with a lot of autonomy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) applications.
- Must be personable and able to work well with others.
- Excellent follow-up, time management, and organizational skills.
- Be a team player and hard worker, able to thrive in a fast paced, open environment.
- French, Spanish, Arabic, or Korean language skills (in addition to English) preferred but not required.
This is an unpaid position, but special consideration will be given to current students seeking academic credit for their participation in the internship. Intern’s metro costs are reimbursed monthly. Any duties listed are subject to change based on interest and organizational needs. Start date can be as early as April 1.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume, one writing sample of any length, your availability (days and times, length of availability), and your preferred start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the posting in your application.
Please include “Right to Education Index Communications Intern” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis thus early submission is encouraged. RESULTS Educational Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, handicap, gender, or sexual preference.