Website Impact Hub
Programs Capacity Builder
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hub locations, more than 16,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1,000 makers, we have created a collaborative eco-system that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society.
From Amsterdam to Accra, Manila to Ottawa – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us!
We are looking for a Programs Capacity Builder to start in June 2019, in a role that will focus on enhancing Impact Hubs’ capabilities in delivering entrepreneurial support initiatives for social entrepreneurs.
The Programs Capacity Builder will be a key member of the Impact Hub Global Network Development Team, reporting to the Global Network Development Director. This post offers an exceptional candidate a unique opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial organisation at the forefront of developing the social entrepreneurship, and social innovation landscape around the world.
Our work and community around the globe have grown rapidly in recent years. We now want to strengthen the support available to this globally distributed thriving community. The aim is to create even greater impact and strengthen Impact Hubs’ local and global business models through effective cross location programmes and services and their efficient and effective delivery. This new role will be catalytic to this aim, enhancing Impact Hubs’ (IHs) capabilities in delivering entrepreneurial support initiatives for social entrepreneurs.
The Programs Capacity Builder role will be responsible for an important part of our Network’s Translocal Program Strategy (TLPS)
Planning and delivering capacity building training for local IHs and connected Business Development Services Providers (BDSP), ensuring IHs & BDSPs are equipped to support social entrepreneurs effectively.
In order to do so, the Programs Capacity Builder will develop a curriculum, a learning journey and the content for trainings on “How to support social entrepreneurs” on the four stages of the entrepreneurial journey (ideation, incubation, acceleration and scaling). The Programs Capacity Builder is also expected to design the curriculum and the learning journey in a way that makes it financially sustainable and continuously updated and relevant in the long-term including identification of potential customers and partners.
Curriculum Development and Content Creation
- Work with IHs and BDSPs to build a coherent and shared portfolio of effective methodologies and tools to support social entrepreneurs across various stages of their entrepreneurial journey within their local context
- Work with IHs to codify agreed and shared methodologies and a way to continuously improve these based on impact measurement insights and latest best practice
- Work with Impact Hubs and BDSPs to develop an approved network-wide suite of materials that are relevant, useful and easy to implement for people with various learning styles (possible formats: How to Guides, Practical tools such as online application & selection tools, templates, ready-to-use presentations, Short videos on key elements of each methodology and deep dives with practitioners & entrepreneurs),
- Design an effective and engaging e-learning journey content for IHs and BDSPs to build their capacity and skills in supporting social entrepreneurs
- Work with the Tech Team on the Development of an Impact Hub Network Knowledge Management platform that gives access to these materials.
Capacity Building of Impact Hubs (IHs) and other Business Development Services Providers (BDSP):
- Overall organisational diagnostic of participating IHs and BDSPs (beyond programmatic capacity)
- Development of individual support and development plans to build programmatic capacity
- Selection of BDSP to receive the training
- Design and delivery of in-person training sessions for IHs and BDSPs
- Organisation of in-person and virtual peer support groups
- Entrepreneurially develop and deliver an income generation strategy for the curriculum and the learning journey
- Identify and research potential partners and funders to support the expansion of this area of work in close collaboration with the Global Partnerships Director and Global Programs Director.
- Build strong relationships with Impact Hubs and other stakeholders in relation to the on the Trans Local Programmes Strategy.
- Observe and make recommendations on relevant key market trends and opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with the reporting and other requirements of funders and partners
- Impact Measurement and evaluation of the effectiveness of the methodologies and the various training
- Monitor and manage KPI’s and deliverables
- Any other duties as required and commensurate with the post
Are we a match?
- You have experience with user-led co-creation and learning based approaches and methodologies
- You have experience in design, management and delivery of ideation, incubation and acceleration programs supporting entrepreneurs, start-ups and/or SMEs, preferably in the social impact space.
- You have experience in the development of tools and methodologies
- You have drive, passion and natural curiosity for business development involving multiple stakeholders and collaboration
- You have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- You have excellent project management; budget management and resource control skills.
- You have excellent writing, proofreading and copy editing skills.
- You have experience in working as part of a team distributed across a number of locations whilst at the same time working on own initiative
- You have experience in planning, prioritising and managing a number of projects simultaneously from start to finish which may have conflicting priorities
- You are an outstanding communicator with superior written and verbal skills (fluent in English required, other languages a plus).
- You have experience on digital knowledge management
- You have experience on e-learning process design and implementation.
- You have knowledge of the Impact Hub business and operation model. Previous experience working with Impact Hubs is a plus.
- Role: Programs Capacity Builder
- Legal Form: Independent Contractor – VAT registration required if in Europe
- Reporting: Network Development Director
- We are looking for full time engagement (app. 40 hours per week) part time engagement can be negotiated with flexible working schedule
- Contract length: from 1st June 2019 until 31st March 2020. Possibility of extension based on performance and business needs
- Team engagement: Member of the Network Development Team, direct coordination with Impact Hubs across the globe and a number of exciting partners
- Location: Ideally the selected candidate is based in a location with a running Impact Hub, preferably in Europe or Africa with a maximum of 2 hours time-zone difference from GMT and is able to travel globally regularly
- Compensation (independent contractor): 3500 EUR per month for full time (part time is proportional of the total compensation); VAT registration required
- Allowances and other contributions: full coverage of costs to attend requested internal/external workshops, conference and events; membership at Impact Hub; other expenses (i.e. phone etc.) on a needs basis; access to all company systems for work and communication