Programme Officer – Women in Power
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Programme Officer. The successful applicant will work with our committed team and membership to cultivate feminist movements, environmental and climate justice, democratic accountability and development justice. She will support grassroots women’s movements to elaborate women’s political demands, and increase their civic participation and political impact.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 26 countries and the secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. If you are deeply committed to supporting feminist, progressive movements and challenging structural globalised inequalities, please consider applying to join our powerful team!
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- Experience and knowledge of organising strategies to cultivate feminist and social movements;
- A degree in social sciences; law, human rights or women’s studies;
- Knowledge on women’s participation in politics, decision-making and governance and the advancement of women’s rights in Asia Pacific;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development work and women’s rights at the national or regional level;
- Knowledge of participatory action research methods is an asset;
- High level project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written and demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as program reports and project proposals;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multicultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at the equivalent of USD 1,500 per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund; housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to re-locate to Chiang Mai.
*A probationary period of four months applies to all positions.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Application letter that expressly addresses the selection criteria of the position
- Three referees (at least two of which must be professional. References from APWLD members are highly regarded);
- Sample of work that demonstrates the applicant’s knowledge and skills in the area
These documents are to be submitted with the subject line “Application for WiP Programme Officer Position” for more details see here
Applications should be received by Wednesday 30th August 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.