(this is a featured post on PCDN)
Peace Direct is creating a roster of local evaluators and researchers to contract for short term project evaluations. We are seeking evaluators for Somalia (Kismayo), Sudan, Burundi, DRC (North and South Kivu), The Philippines and Pakistan for future evaluations.
Consultants should meet the following requirements:
• Preferably a national of the country or region for which you are applying, and currently based in the country.
• Excellent understanding of peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes in general and particularly in relation to their local context, conflict dynamics and drivers.
• A strong background in project evaluation with an emphasis on analysing wider outcomes and impact in terms of conflict transformation, using OECD guidelines, and a mix of qualitative and quantitative data methods.
• Accustomed to working in insecure locations, ensuring their own, participant and partner security and following high ethical standards.
• Good understanding of current MEL trends and methods, experience of measuring contribution/attribution, and developing practical lessons learnt and recommendations for project improvement.
• A transparent and methodological approach to data collection, analysis, storage and presentation to enable sharing and learning.
• An inclusive and transparent approach, ensuring the participation and feedback from all groups of project participants and in support of our partners’ learning and capacity building.
• A flexible and creative attitude given the often insecure and unpredictable project locations.
• Concise and clear style of writing, clarifying any assumptions and contextual/cultural expressions.
• A good level of English; fluent French for DRC and Burundi; preferably knowledge of any local languages.
If you are interested in joining Peace Direct’s roster of local evaluators and researchers for any of the above countries, please send CV, copies of recent evaluations, and a short covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Laura Thisted: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: this is an open call for applications.