Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international, non-governmental organization.
We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath, currently in 5 locations (Missions): Iraq, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Philippines and South Sudan. NP implements programming through the deployment of civilian protection teams to the field. It consists of 3 legal entities, one in USA, one in Belgium and one in France.
We are currently seeking a Financial Controller to provide an accountability & control function for NP’s Missions as well as provide them with support. The job holder must be a qualified accountant with significant experience of working with NGOs in the field. They must be a team player, have excellent interpersonal & communication skills and be interested in creating a best practice finance function for NP.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The headquarters finance team has a role in both supporting and capacity building NP’s missions as well as providing an accountability and control function. In the context of this remit, the job holder will be responsible for:
* Project budget preparation: review of field proposals and support to missions in their preparation
* Grant inception and closure processes
* Donor reports – review prior to submission
* Review of monthly budget versus actual project financial reports
* Review of monthly and quarterly Mission accounts
* Review of monthly mission cash requests and forecasts
* Support and guidance for donor audits
* Support and guidance to missions in their returns for group budgeting processes
* Monitoring of the missions monthly key financial control processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* A qualified accountant
* 3 years post qualification experience
* Significant experience of working with NGOs in a number of locations other than HQ
* Very good interpersonal and communication skills including in English
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to Marion Girard by November 20, 2018: email@example.com