An Asian training institute grounded in the Mindanao context
The Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute (MPI) is looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of:
Program Officer for the Annual Peacebuilding Training Program
General Profile of MPI
The Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute (MPI) is an Asian training institute that is located in Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. Its goal is to empower individuals, institutions, and communities in the Asia-Pacific Region to be catalysts for peace and social transformation through education and training, research and documentation, and networking.
MPI is in need of a Program Officer whose primary focus will be to plan and implement the Mindanao Peacebuilding Institute’s Annual Peacebuilding Training Program. The Program Officer is also expected to assist in the development and expansion of MPI’s training program and networks.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the lead in the design and finalization of the annual peacebuilding training program outline (e.g. course line-up, list of facilitators, etc.).
- Assist the Technical and Institutional Capacity Building Officer in the promotion of the annual training program in all of MPI’s social media platforms and other pertinent sites and webpages.
- Handle all preparations leading up to the annual training and set up appropriate systems, which include:
- Oversee logistical and administrative matters (e.g. purchasing supplies and materials, preparing course handouts, etc.).
- Review and file application documents and other annual training related documents.
- Set-up and maintain database.
- Draft and finalize pertinent annual training documents (acceptance letters, confirmation letters, information packet, etc.).
- Coordinate with participants in preparation for their participation in the training.
- Any other matters that relate to the Annual Training.
- During the annual training proper, lead the Secretariat Team in:
- Preparing training kits and handling the registration of participants.
- Organizing and conducting the opening, closing, and cultural programs, including open sessions and weekend outings.
- Handing out evaluations and preparing course certificates on time.
- Conducting debriefings and check-ins.
- During the training proper, make sure that all activities are coordinated and take the lead in problem solving.
- Manage all post-training activities:
- Compilation of the course evaluation results and its subsequent dissemination to respective facilitators.
- Preparation of an overall directory for sharing to participants and facilitators.
- Drafting and finalization of the annual training report for circulation to MPI’s network and posting on the Internet.
Training Program Development
- Liaise with facilitators for the annual training courses and assist them in the development of these courses in coordination with the Director.
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of a process to identify new courses and new facilitators for future annual trainings.
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of a process to document the initiatives and best practices of MPI alumni for purposes of eventual publication.
- Lead in the development of specialized and customized training courses.
- Undertake other necessary tasks related to program development as requested by the Director.
- With the Technical and Institutional Capacity Building Officer, maintain MPI’s website, i.e. identify, edit and post materials to MPI’s website.
- With the Technical and Institutional Capacity Building Officer, maintain MPI’s Facebook account and other social networking mechanisms.
- Maintain and expand MPI’s email Address Book and encode names and contact information of new contacts.
- Assist in maintaining the Facilitators’ and Alumni Advisory Network.
- Commitment to MPI’s vision, mission, values and work ethic, and peacebuilding in the Philippines and in Asia-Pacific.
- Proven organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Openness to be flexible and to make adjustments in work plans when necessary.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural settings and be sensitive to ethnic, gender and religious diversity.
- Proficient in the use of MS Windows and MS Office programs.
- Familiarity in the use of MS Access program a plus.
MPI is looking for a creative, talented, and enthusiastic person who is open to learn and broaden his/her horizons.
Interested applicants may send their letter of application and comprehensive resume on or before 31 May 2017 by email or deliver it to The Director at the MPI office, Apt. 301, Casa Graciana Inn, 6 Juna Avenue, Matina, Davao City. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.