Website Life & Peace Institute
peace building, conflict resolution, INGO
Do you want to be remembered on the right side of history and support the work of an international peacebuilding organisation? Do you have a passion for structure and numbers? Do you have what it takes to deliver stellar professional support for a wide range of administrative and financial projects? The Life & Peace Institute (LPI) is now looking for an Intern in the Finance and Administration Unit to be based in our international headquarters in Uppsala.
The Life & Peace Institute (LPI) is an international and ecumenical centre that supports and promotes non-violent approaches to conflict transformation through a combination of research and action that entails the strengthening of existing local capacities and enhancing the preconditions for building peace. LPI envisions a world where peace, justice and non-violent relations prevail through people’s active work and commitment. LPI has been active in making contributions towards achieving this goal since 1985. LPI works with a variety of local and regional partners in the Horn of Africa region, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia and Great Lakes region, particularly the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The Headquarters of the organisation is located in Uppsala, Sweden. The Finance and Administration Unit mainly supports the staff and the processes based in Sweden, but also works closely with the other offices to strengthen LPI’s financial, administrative and HR practices.
About the Internship
As an intern within Life & Peace Institute (LPI)’s Finance & Administration Unit, you will be at the forefront of LPI’s engagement in Sweden. The F & A Intern will support the Finance & Administration staff in general and the Finance & Administration Assistant in particular. As such, tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in updating the Fixed Assets Register and IT Inventory List
- Assist in organizing staff events or meetings
- Assisting in the procurement of goods and services and liaising with suppliers
- Assisting with supporting documentations and general filings during the annual audit process.
- Assist in activities that relates to financial administration support, logistics coordination or general office administration.
- Note-taking at high-level meetings
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration
The position will be based at LPI’s headquarters in Uppsala, Sweden.
Desired internship start date: End of August/beginning of September 2019.
- Relevant academic education or trainings within finance and/or administration or equivalent knowledge acquired through professional experience. A university degree in Finances or a related discipline is a plus.
- Experience of working in finance and/or office administration or a service/support function, is a plus.
- Experience of handling contact with suppliers and authorities in Sweden.
- Service mindedness in delivering professional support at all levels within the organization, and readiness to assist where it is needed.
- A problem-solver and initiative-taker with good organizational skills, able to work effectively both by themselves and as part of a team.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to tackle new challenges and handle additional tasks effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience from work with the NGO or non-profit organisations sector is a plus.
- Excellent Swedish and English language skills. Excellent analytical skills.
How to Apply
The application should be in English and include:
- Personal cover letter describing your studies, engagement in international issues as well as in Sweden (if applicable) and reasons for applying (1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- The latest transcript from your university, preferably in English.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state ‘Finance & Administration Internship’ in the subject line when sending in your application. Closing date for applications: August 4th, 2019. Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. This is an unpaid internship. LPI can unfortunately not provide scholarships or any other form of financial or housing support.