Website Kalu Yala
You are a founder who has started a for-profit or non-profit and knows the challenges. You see entrepreneurship as a solution to environmental and social issues and believe strongly in helping others learn. You can explain to both experienced and novice entrepreneurs the nuts and bolts of starting a socially conscious business. You know how to perform a market study and the importance of customer acquisition and sales.
You will lead 10 undergraduate students in a 10-week semester, working with them to design and launch new products in Specialty Foods, Consumer Goods, Eco-Tourism Services, and Social Innovation. Each week, there will be 5 hours of traditional education in the form of lecture or seminar based learning. For 15 hours each week, you will facilitate your students as you lead them in your own Kalu Yala based product development and new business launch project. 10 hours are reserved for you to facilitate your students pursuing their own product development independent projects. You are also responsible for administration and planning of lessons as well as accessing communications and documenting progress. Though we are in an off-the-grid setting, there is still a need for using technology and communicating with other venues and administration.
- 5+ years working in business administration, product development, or launching a business.
- Degree related to entrepreneurship, business management, or finance.
- Experience in both technical and applied project management
- Have experience starting businesses and writing business plans
- Strong planner who enjoys organization
- Group leadership skills and high social/emotional intelligence
- Comfortable and familiar with team communication and project management tools including Google Docs, Slack, and Asana.
- Desire to help fulfill the vision of Kalu Yala, expressed here: www.kaluyala.com
- Looking forward to living in a comfortable camp in Panama
- Spanish speaker
- Wilderness First Responder or other medical training
- CPR certified
- Manual vehicle/4×4 experience
- Flexible and resilient
- Experience living in community
- $2,000 per month
- Bonus based on performance review and company financial performance
- Room + Board in our tropical wilderness camp
- 6 weeks paid vacation yearly, 2 weeks accrued semesterly after 3 month probationary period
Kalu Yala is building towns. And we’ve started with two Institutes.
Kalu Yala is a place to work, learn, grow, and live with a diverse team of sustainably-minded people working to achieving our common goal of demonstrating a better way to live. We do this through completion of our individual roles and expressing our individual creativity and unique style. We are a pro-active, professional, and team-first culture. Kalu Yala is not just about goals or technical skills; we represent a new way of thinking about companies, about towns, about the world. We are constantly encouraging our employees to use their varied experience in brainstorming solutions and apply those ideas to our specific setting. We are constantly seeking employees that are excited to build new relationships and connect with others in Panama.