Website Kalu Yala
You are an education and project management rockstar. You are a strong leader and have led teams to success, you’re comfortable in a startup environment and the thought of living in the middle of a tropical rainforest or remote beach energizes you. You view problems as opportunities and have a great sense of humor. You love making ideas happen.
You will be responsible for Kalu Yala Institute’s educational outcomes and will be focusing on supporting instructor and student led project management. You will also be responsible for leading the on-site institute staff community and the overall management of the campus. You will be ensuring that our students are experiencing transformational learning. You will support (and develop) engaging lesson plans, curriculum, and activities centered around the principles of experiential education. You will manage a team of instructors making sure they have the tools they need to lead their students. You will be responsible for instructor’s outcomes and ensuring that day to day operations of the venue are in order.
Your day to day will be in the Kalu Yala valley or beach campus and consists of supporting teachers, counseling and advocating for students, approving projects and activities, contributing to a positive solutions-oriented culture, driving operational direction, conflict resolution, and aligning our community with the long-term vision of the Institute and Kalu Yala as a whole. You will work with and manage our directors to ensure that lessons, activities and projects support the education goals of the Institute and the Kalu Yala goals as a whole. Execute educational goals, be a liaison between students and staff, maintain operational efficiency of the campus, adjust and develop systems. Be a gatekeeper of the brand voice to parents and advisors. Work with advisors and Professors to help our student/interns receive credit.
- 5+ years experience teaching and preferably working with college students
- Technical and applied knowledge of project management
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Degree related to education, social entrepreneurship, or community development,
- Positive, upbeat, sense of humor and enjoys serving others
- Knowledge of living and working in tropical environments
- Strong desire to help people and find solutions in an unpredictable setting
- Desire to help fulfill the vision of Kalu Yala, expressed here: www.kaluyala.com
- Management/leadership experience
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Program development
- Education experience
- Wilderness First Responder or other medical training
- CPR certified
- Manual vehicle/4×4 experience
- Flexible and resilient
- Experience living in community
- $3,000 per month
- Bonus based on performance review and company financial performance
- Room + Board in our tropical wilderness camp
- 6 weeks paid vacation yearly, 2 weeks accrued semesterly after 3 month probationary period
Kalu Yala is building towns. And we’ve started with two Institutes.
Kalu Yala is a place to work, learn, grow, and live with a diverse team of sustainably-minded people working to achieving our common goal of demonstrating a better way to live. We do this through completion of our individual roles and expressing our individual creativity and unique style. We are a pro-active, professional, and team-first culture. Kalu Yala is not just about goals or technical skills; we represent a new way of thinking about companies, about towns, about the world. We are constantly encouraging our employees to use their varied experience in brainstorming solutions and apply those ideas to our specific setting. We are constantly seeking employees that are excited to build new relationships and connect with others in Panama.