Website Transparency International
Internship – ‘Land and Corruption in Africa’ Programme
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Land and Corruption in Africa Programme is guided by the vision of guaranteeing the maintenance and development of land and tenure-based prosperity for men and women of all generations equally, respecting the dimensions of stewardship and socio-cultural relationships to land, and taking into consideration the special needs and rights of ethnic minorities, for sustainable and inclusive development and growth. The Programme’s overall goal is to contribute to improved livelihoods of men and women adversely affected by corrupt practices in land administration and in land deals, through enhanced security of tenure and equitable and fair access to land and water. Currently, ten TI National Chapters in Africa participate in the programme, while the TI Secretariat holds a coordinating role.
|Main function:||Support to the ‘Land and Corruption in Africa Programme‘ Team|
|Starting date:||As soon as possible|
|Duration:||3 months or longer, depending on the type of internship pursued (see below)|
|Team:||Public Demand for Accountability|
|Remuneration:||EUR 450 per month|
- Assist in the organisation of the annual meeting of the ‘Land and Corruption in Africa Programme’ to take place in October 2017
- Support the team’s work on specific programme related topics (e.g. gender, safety)
- Contribute to effective communication of the programme by supporting the preparation and promotion of content for social media
- Support the team on preparing the publication of an annual report
- Opportunity to pursue an individual project related to the Programme, as agreed with supervisor
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Enrolled student in social sciences, international relations, communications or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the Sub-Saharan Africa region
- Demonstrated interest in good governance and anti-corruption issues
- First experience in developing and contributing content for social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook)
- First experience in office work and providing administrative support
- Good communications and writing skills, including communication through social media channels
- Professional language proficiency in English (spoken and written) essential; knowledge of French an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit with the ability to work effectively in an international work environment
- Adaptable, flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at once with competing deadlines
- Good knowledge of MS Office and social media
How to apply:
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV in English outlining your interest and motivation, preferably by email (in one pdf file), to: LaCiAInternship@transparency.org
Please cite PCDNetwork as the source of the posting in your application.
The closing date for applications is 31st of May 2017.
Candidates must be enrolled at a university during the entire period of the internship. The maximum duration of the internship possible would depend on whether the internship pursued would be a mandatory internship, i.e. a requirement for graduation, or a non-mandatory internship, i.e. pursued voluntarily during an academic programme.
Kindly note that a valid work permit for Germany is required and that interns must take out their own health insurance before starting the internship. Persons already registered as residents in Germany must submit a Tax Identification Number. Proof of enrollment must be provided irrespective of the type of internship pursued (mandatory or non-mandatory internship).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the very high volume of applications received it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about Transparency International visit our website at www.transparency.org