Website Partners Global
Position Title: Executive Program Assistant
Position Type: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
State Date: As soon as possible
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 18 independent, local Centers around the world.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as the rule of law, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. Our network of local Centers is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
PartnersGlobal is seeking an extremely motivated individual interested in an entry-level position in the conflict resolution or international development field. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent undergraduate to facilitate his or her transition from academic studies to a professional role within an international NGO. The Executive Program Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to: executive level support, office operations, and communications. As a member of the Executive Team, the Executive Program Assistant provides support for all executive-level initiatives, making sure all details are in place but also providing valuable feedback for the development of such initiatives. This includes external outreach, events and programs as well as internal office and staff development. As Executive Program Assistant, he or she will be exposed to almost every facet of the organization. Candidates must be willing and able to work and liaise with many types of working styles and professionals due to the cross-cutting nature of the position.
The Executive Program Assistant must be comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment and be willing to work in and with various departments in the office. The person in this role sets the tone of professionalism for PartnersGlobal as the first point of contact to the organization for Executive-level relations, including network affiliate organizations, the board of directors, clients, and donors.
Executive Level Support Duties (35% of time)
- Provide logistical support to President and other senior staff including travel arrangements, and credit card expense reports.
- Manage logistics and attend Board of Directors meetings, help produce the quarterly board packets and draft board minutes.
- Assist in coordination of various network initiatives, such as directors’ and assembly meetings.
- Assist President in maintaining donor contacts and facilitate fundraising initiatives through Salesforce.
- Manage the President’s schedule and assist in outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned by President.
- Support regional teams as necessary, including with business development related tasks.
Operations and Office Management Duties (20% of time)
- Manage daily administrative operations of the office together with the Deputy Director for Operations. Assist in troubleshooting as necessary.
- Maintain kitchen inventory
- Coordinate printed materials (stationery, business cards etc.).
- Facilitate check requests and finance support as needed.
- Track copy room inventory, order copier toners, postal supplies, and overnight carrier supplies as needed.
- Retrieve mail and post outgoing mail and direct packages to individuals upon receipt.
- Liaise with office tenants (the Alliance for Peacebuilding staff members) to ensure office relations and management is smooth. Make improvements to office as necessary regarding organizational and process issues.
- Receive PartnersGlobal general calls and forward as necessary.
Communications Duties (45% of time)
- Maintain all social media outlets, ensuring consistent, relevant and on-brand content.
- Liaise with regional teams to effectively portray and promote PartnersGlobal work.
- Create annual report and other informational/marketing pieces as needed.
- Coordinate select announcements via email marketing and Salesforce.
- Update website content as necessary.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in one of PartnersGlobal program areas: conflict resolution, international development, political science, international relations, sustainable environmental development and/or communications.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in PartnersGlobal fields of work. Leadership experience is preferable.
- Must be proficient with PC-based computers.
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills; strong problem-solving abilities; personality willing to find creative and cost-effective solutions to operational issues.
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse and international teams at all levels, anticipating needs and keeping staff informed of problems and issues.
- Strong research and analytical skills to gather and compile complex data and information.
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbal presentation.
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be resourceful in maintaining a professional work environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential data (e.g. budget and salary information, contractual terms and conditions, etc.).
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work in a busy environment.
To Apply: Please send (via e-mail) a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject of the email and cover letter that you are applying for the “Executive Program Assistant position”. No phone calls please.
We will contact applicants for an interview or to request additional information.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.