Website Global Press Institute
Department: Global Press Institute
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: DOE, full benefits, including matching 401k
Start date: September 1, 2018
Send resume and well-written cover letter to email@example.com by August 1.
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
Global Press has a 12-year track record of producing exceptional journalism from the least-covered parts of the globe. We work to create systemic change in the field of international journalism by:
- Revitalizing core editorial processes to ensure 100% accuracy and accountability
- Repairing the lack of gender and racial diversity that have plagued newsrooms since inception
- Revolutionizing the business model of international journalism by creating multiple ethical, sustainable revenue streams
The development associate works with the CEO to advance the mission of Global Press by stewarding business and philanthropic partnerships. The successful candidate will be organized, research-minded and passionate about using journalism as a tool for social change. He/she should have previous experiencing managing schedules, multitasking and using critical thinking to create productive systems. Responsible for messaging about the organization to high-value stakeholders, the development associate must be an exceptional overall communicator. Like all Global Press employees, the development associate must be able to think big and work small, focusing on both strategy and details simultaneously.
Global Press is an employee-centered workplace that prioritizes employee wellness in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
- Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
- Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
- Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
- Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-value news stories
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better today than they were yesterday
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a scheduler, administrative assistant or development associate at a global organization. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of exceptional communication and organizational skills along with systems-level thinking. Candidates should expect to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Collaborate with the CEO and growing development team to create annual development strategic plans to guide the growth and trajectory of the organization’s revenue operations
- Contribute to conversations on low-dollar donation strategy
- Participate in events and earned revenue strategy sessions
- Complete diligent research to compile donor prospect briefs to support CEO prior to outreach and meetings
- Develop and keep an active list of high-value donor prospects
- Pursue in-kind donations of technology and services through CSR programs
- Oversee a smooth and highly-responsive scheduling process to ensure the CEO is maximizing donor and cultivation opportunities
- Manage internal development documents to ensure the team has a clear picture of progress toward goals, pending opportunities and upcoming deadlines
- Manage the donor database and ensure that all information accurately entered, stored and leveraged
- Seek out brand opportunities for Global Press such as awards, speaking events or conferences to increase brand awareness and reputation
- Represent Global Press at events, conferences and networking opportunities
- Identify and schedule the CEO and other key employees to speak at conferences and other high-value brand opportunities
- Create internal and external messaging documents to deliver accurate, informed narratives about the organization
- Oversee the donor thank you program
- Manage grant reporting calendar
- Ensure all donor materials, such as grant agreements and reporting requirements, are updated and organized on Dropbox and in Raiser’s Edge, our donor software system
- Maintain accurate and inspired language on GlobalPressInstitute.org
- Act as the staff liaison with the board of directors to ensure timely, well-run meetings
- Create clear, concise reports on organizational operations to assist in grant writing and donor updates
- Work with the CEO to create impact reports and to track impact of Global Press journalism across the world
About Global Press
Global Press exists to create a more just and informed world by employing local journalists to produce ethical, accurate news coverage from the world’s least-covered places.
Rejecting the mainstream model of foreign correspondence, which deploys elite outsiders on perpetual short-term assignments, Global Press trains and employs a diverse population of female journalists in the developing media markets where they live to produce context-rich, nuanced news coverage. Our stories, produced and disseminated in local language and English, provide local and global audiences with high-quality, professional news that elevates awareness and creates actionable opportunities for citizens.
Comprised of three brands that form a holistic social enterprise, Global Press is an international media company dedicated to reinventing both the craft and business of global journalism. Global Press operates a training program, Global Press Institute, an award-winning news publication, Global Press Journal, and an innovative syndication division, Global Press News Service.
Global Press aims to produce news from more than 100 countries, becoming the world’s leading news source from the developing world.