Davidson College seeks a leader and educator to serve as the John and Ruth McGee Director of the Dean Rusk International Studies Program. The term of the appointment is five years, with the possibility of renewal. Compensation is competitive.History and mission
Davidson College is a top-tier liberal arts college located near Charlotte, NC. The Dean Rusk International Studies Program supports Davidson College’s core mission: assisting students in developing humane instincts and disciplined and creative minds for lives of leadership and service.
The Dean Rusk Program and the McGee Director are responsible for cultivating in students the desire and ability to apprehend and experience our world from many points of view. We are seeking someone who can draw together individuals and groups on campus and connect Davidson students, faculty, and staff with individuals, opportunities, organizations, and experiences around the world. The program is named for Dean Rusk ’31, who served as Secretary of State from 1961 to 1969. The McGee Directorship was established by the John F. and Ruth B. McGee Foundation.
Application deadline is February 1. Start date is July 1, 2019.
Responsibilities of the McGee Director
- Collaborating with students, faculty, and staff to develop on-campus programming that responds to developments in the global arena
- Coordinating the distribution of over $250,000 in funding for international experiences for students and faculty
- Reinforcing and expanding Davidson’s international visibility and political and social capital in Washington, D.C. and abroad
- Advising and mentoring students
- Teaching one course per year in a relevant field
- Assisting the College Relations staff to raise funds to support the program
- At least 10 years’ experience as an international affairs professional
- Advanced degree or commensurate professional experience
- A genuine interest in undergraduate students’ personal and professional development.
- An established network of global contacts
- Experience in budgeting and management.
- Proven capacity to interact and collaborate with diverse communities and to attract a diverse audience for Dean Rusk Program events
- Teaching experience is not required or expected, but is a plus.
Application materials should include:
- A letter explaining how your personal, educational, and professional experiences prepare and inspire you to apply for this position. Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
- A resume
- A list of three references We will inform applicants before contacting references.
Applications should be submitted to: http://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kw76vw9fgrzw8mwt