Website CMI (Crisis Management Initiative)
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through dialogue and mediation, mediation support, and support to national actors.
CMI is seeking a fluent French-speaking Project Officer for its Sub-Saharan Africa team.
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
• Supporting project planning, project implementation and reporting including budget management
• Monitoring contextual developments on the field and providing working-level analysis (substantive briefs and notes) as requested
• Supporting fundraising and drafting fundraising applications.
• Arranging international travel and logistical support for high profile events and/or individuals.
A successful candidate is expected to:
• Have a minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably in the field of international dialogue, mediation and/or peacebuilding. Understanding of these dynamics in Sub-Saharan Africa region is considered an asset.
• Have a good understanding, practical experience and a demonstrated strong interest in issues related to conflict resolution
• Have excellent communication and teamworking skills.
• Have excellent organisational and planning skills, creativity, conflict sensitivity and good political judgement.
• Have a flexible attitude and ability to work in a dynamic, international team under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines.
• Have strong analytical and writing skills as well as good IT skills.
• Have fluent written and spoken skills in English and in French
• Have a university degree from a relevant field.
• Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality.
The position is located in Helsinki, Finland or Brussels, Belgium. Frequent travel is required. At this stage, the position is fixed-term position for one year with a possibility for renewal. Preferred starting date is as agreed early 2019.
We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional in one of the leading conflict resolution organisations in the world with some of the best experts on the field. If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please send your CV together with a short motivation letter and salary request to applications(at)cmi.fi latest on Sunday 16 December with the reference “Project Officer, SSA”.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact applications(at)cmi.fi or call Minna Kukkonen-Karlander on Tuesday 11 December between 10:00-12:00 (+358 75 755 1800).