Website CMI (Crisis Management Initiative)
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through dialogue and mediation, mediation support, and support to national actors.
A strong focus on women’s participation and gender-specific aspects of conflict is a central priority across CMI’s programming. We work with national partners in conflict-affected countries to enhance women’s influence in peace and security, while also engaging the international peace-making community to advance more gender-sensitive mediation practices.
CMI is seeking a Project Officer for its Women in Peacemaking team.
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting project planning, budget management, project implementation and reporting.
- Monitoring contextual developments regarding the UNSCR 1325 and related issues; and conducting research on target countries, e.g. conflict analysis, stakeholder mapping and regional dynamics.
- Supporting fundraising and drafting fundraising applications.
- Arranging international travel and logistical support for high profile events and/or individuals.
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably in the field of international dialogue, mediation and/or peacebuilding. Understanding of these dynamics in one or more of CMI’s focus regions (Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East or Eurasia) is considered an asset.
- Have a good understanding, practical experience and a demonstrated strong interest in issues related to women, peace and security.
- Have excellent communication and teamworking skills.
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills, creativity, conflict sensitivity and good political judgement.
- Have a flexible attitude and ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines.
- Have strong analytical and writing skills as well as good IT skills.
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English; knowledge of Arabic, French or Russian is an asset.
- Have a university degree from a relevant field.
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality.
Project Officer will report to Senior Manager, Women in Peacemaking. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland. Some travel is required. At this stage, the position is fixed-term until the end of spring 2018. Preferred starting date is as agreed, preferably as soon as possible.
We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional in one of the leading conflict resolution organisations in the world with some of the best experts on the field. If you are interested, please send your CV together with one-page motivation letter and salary request to applications(at)cmi.fi by Wednesday 9 August with the reference “Project Officer, Women in Peacemaking”.
If you have questions regarding the position, you can contact Johanna Poutanen, Senior Manager, Women in Peacemaking on August, 1, 2017, between 12pm and 4pm on tel. +358 44 3597399.