Website CMI (Crisis Management Initiative)
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through dialogue and mediation, mediation support, and supporting national actors.
Within its Middle East and North Africa programme, CMI works to contribute to the relevant peace processes in the region by facilitating dialogue among conflict parties, enhancing regional conflict resolution capacities and supporting regional bodies and national actors.
CMI is seeking a Project Officer for its MENA team.
The Project Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting project planning, budget management, project implementation and reporting
- Supporting fundraising and drafting fundraising applications
- Arranging international travel and logistical support for high profile events and/or individuals
- Conducting research on target countries, eg. conflict analysis, stakeholder mapping, political economy, regional dynamics and regional governance architectures
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have around three years of practical experience in a similar role, preferably on the field of international dialogue, mediation and peacebuilding
- Have a good understanding and practical knowledge of the region, its dynamics and politics, relevant peace processes and related diplomatic efforts
- Have excellent communication and teamworking skills
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills, creativity, conflict sensitivity and good political judgement
- Have a flexible attitude and ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines
- Have good analytical and writing skills as well as good IT skills
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English, knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset
- Have a university degree from a relevant field
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality
Project Officer will report to Head, Middle East and North Africa. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland. Frequent travel is required. The position is a fixed-term parental leave replacement until summer 2018. Preferred starting date is 1st of September or as agreed.
We offer you a chance to learn and grow as a professional in one of the leading conflict resolution organisations in the world with some of the best experts on the field. If you are interested, please send your CV together with a motivation letter and salary request to applications(at)cmi.fi by Wednesday 9 August with the reference “Project Officer, MENA”
. If you have questions regarding the position, you can contact Maruan El-Krekshi, Head of Middle East and North Africa (maruan.elkrekshi(at)cmi.fi) between 3rd and 9th of August.