Website CMI (Crisis Management Initiative)
CMI (Crisis Management Initiative) is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. CMI contributes to conflict resolution through dialogue and mediation, mediation support, and supporting national actors.
Within its Middle East and North Africa programme, CMI works to contribute to the relevant peace processes in the region by facilitating dialogue among conflict parties, enhancing regional conflict resolution capacities and supporting regional bodies and national actors.
CMI is seeking an experienced project manager for its MENA team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of specific CMI projects in the region
- Leading and managing experts and ensuring responsible and efficient implementation of the work and related resources
- Representing CMI in the region and developing networks and partnerships
- Participating to the development of the overall CMI programme and cross team working
- New business development and fundraising for the work files in Middle East and North Africa
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Have an excellent understanding and practical knowledge of the region, its dynamics and politics, relevant peace processes and related diplomatic efforts. Experience from GCC, Iran, Turkey are an asset.
- Have around five years of practical experience in dialogue, mediation and peacebuilding processes from international, state and/or non-state organisations
- Have solid project management skills (e.g. strategic development, budgeting, RBM)
- Have excellent networks in the region and the field of mediation, and strong skills in building and managing relationships with local, regional and international organizations as well as fundraising
- Have excellent leadership and teamworking skills
- Have an ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances and to tight timelines
- Have fluent written and spoken skills in English, knowledge of Arabic and/or French is a strong asset
- Have a university degree from a relevant field
- Commit to CMI values and principles of neutrality
Project Manager will report to Head, Middle East and North Africa. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland. Frequent travel is required, including to conflict countries. The position is a fixed-term parental leave replacement until summer 2018. Preferred starting date is 1st of September or as agreed.
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of the leading organisations with some of the best conflict resolution experts of the field. If you are interested, please send your CV together with a motivation letter and salary request to applications(at)cmi.fi by Wednesday 9 August with the reference “Project Manager, MENA”.
If you have questions regarding the position, you can contact Maruan El-Krekshi, Head of Middle East and North Africa (maruan.elkrekshi(at)cmi.fi) between 3rd and 9th of August.