Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › Vital Voices GROW Fellowship – 2019 Applications open!
September 14, 2018 at 6:11 pm #156371
About the VV GROW Fellowship
The Vital Voices GROW Fellowship is a leading accelerator program for women owners of small and medium sized enterprises from around the world. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact. Through online and in-person trainings, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits.
The program is supported by our global founding partner, the ExxonMobil Foundation and our platinum sponsor, FedEx.
Learning and program outcomes: Through the fellowship, women entrepreneurs expand their knowledge about business planning, financial management, marketing, networking, leadership and other core topics related to entrepreneurship.
The application deadline is now extended to September 15, 2018.
The one-year fellowship includes:
- Virtual Learning: Through a series of webinars, assignments, online courses, assessments, and one-on-one calls, fellows build their knowledge about core topics, assess and gain a greater understanding about the state of their business in order to develop a plan to grow.
- In-Person Training: Fellows participate in a four-day workshop during which they create an action plan to achieve their business growth goals. Fellows also get the opportunity to meet, network with, and learn from other fellows from across regions, Vital Voices staff and trainers and others.
- Growth Services and Support: Following the in-person training, Vital Voices staff connect fellows to individualized growth services and support.
Who can apply?
- Women business owners who: Own a business that…
- Has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Employs at least 3 full time staff (including the applicant)
- Generates at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
- Reside in the same country as their business for at least 7 months out of the year
- Are proficient in spoken and written English
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are enthusiastic about participating in a one-year business accelerator program
- Are motivated to learn new skills and make changes to grow your business
- Have the authority to make critical decisions within your business
- Have demonstrated leadership within your community
- Are willing to have Vital Voices track your business growth during the Fellowship, and up to 3 years afterwards and participate in data collection including online surveys and phone calls
What will I receive through the program?
The VV GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive program that provides customized business skills training and support valued at over $25,000 per participant. Through the fellowship, fellows will receive:
- Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Guidance, training and support from global expert business trainers Vital Voices staff entrepreneurship team
- Access to online business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) for one year
- The opportunity to be a part of a Vital Voices network of women business leaders from across the globe
- Referral(s) to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of program completion
- Admission into the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network upon graduation
To learn more about the VV GROW Fellowship’s unique value and deep impact check out the journey of five VV GROW fellows through the program here.
What do I commit to as a fellow?
- 4-7 hours per week (January – May 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Attending the entire 4-day in person training workshop in June 2019
- 2-3 hours per week (June – December 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Submitting surveys and participating in phone calls with Vital Voices to track your business growth during the fellowship and for up to three years afterwards
What are the participation costs?
Fellows will be expected to contribute a participation fee of $1,500, which is approximately 5% of the overall program cost per participant. Note: The fee can be paid in installments.
Vital Voices will cover all travel expenses (flight, accommodation, meals, visa) to attend the in-person training.
A limited number of need and merit based scholarships will be available to accepted applicants. Details will be provided in the notifications of acceptance.
What happens after I apply?
Applicants selected for the next round, will be contacted for a 1-hour Skype interview. All applicants will be notified about final decisions by December 14, 2018.
For more information, please visit: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4422193/VV-GROW-Fellowship-2019-Application
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.