Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › Visiting Researchers Programme (UNU-GCM), Focus on Migration and Crises, Barcelona
April 11, 2016 at 10:03 am #108839
Visiting Researchers Programme (UNU-GCM)
- Visiting Researcher
- UTC +2
- CLOSING DATE:
The UNU Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility (UNU-GCM) is currently offering FOUR places of three months each to postdoctoral researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences with expertise in the area of Migration and Crises.
This Visiting Researchers Programme gives qualified researchers an opportunity to research topics related to our ongoing research programme on Migration and Crises, and to participate in UNU-GCM activities. Visiting Researchers will be expected to reside in Barcelona and work from our office in the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site in Barcelona.
The criteria for selection are:
- PhD in either Migration Studies, Media Studies, Audiovisual and/or Communication Studies, Cultural Studies, or a field of the Humanities or Social Sciences that considers questions of transnationalism, cultural dynamics, female agency, mobility, and socio-cultural change
- a strong record of research productivity and publications
- the ability to work and publish in a UN working language (A good command of English and Spanish will be an advantage.)
- a keen interest to collaborate with the team at UNU-GCM
- the willingness to reside in Barcelona for the duration of the residency
Visiting Researchers are expected to:
- partake in activities, seminars, reading groups, and other work of the Institute
- carry out a research project to be agreed with Director in the field of Migration and Crises
- produce an agreed output to be submitted for publication at the end of the three-month period in either a refereed journal or other agreed outlet
- be available for consultation from other staff of the Institute for discussions on our research programme: Migration and Crises
- be willing to offer a paper based on their work at the conference organised for the research programmes or at a seminar
- be resident in Barcelona for a period of three consecutive months
- work at UNU-GCM and be based in our office for the full period of the residency (Normal working hours apply to Visiting Researchers.)
Facilities and services
Visiting researchers are assigned office space, computer facilities, and access to the e-library of UNU. Visiting researchers are required to arrange their own travel, housing, and health insurance.
UNU-GCM provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000 as a contribution towards accommodation, medical, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Payment will be made by instalments. The final payment of EUR 1,000 will be made upon proof of submission of the finalised research output, as agreed with the Director, to a refereed scholarly source.
Additionally, there will be financial support towards travel of up to EUR 500, if necessary. No funds will be available for research-related costs.
Proof of residency
Following satisfactory completion of the residency and related projects, successful applicants will receive a letter confirming their stay.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.