Tagged: peace, Higher Education, Healing, Training, education, Trauma, identity, Workshops, Crime, race, prevention, violence, Skills, Organizing, Story, Eastern Mennonite University, Summer Peacebuilding Institute
- May 4, 2018 at 11:05 am #153394
This is a sponsored organizational post on PCDN.
The 2018 Summer Peacebuilding Institute (SPI) starts on May 14, 2018 and runs through June 20, 2018. Each year, SPI brings over 150 people form 40 or more countries to Harrisonburg, Virginia to take courses in trauma awareness, restorative justice, human rights, nonviolent resistance, and arts-based peacebuilding as well as many other topics.
Organizational Discounts: We recognize that organizational and personal budgets are sometimes stretched and finding the funds for needed training can be difficult. Although our main scholarship fund is at his time exhausted, we can still offer a discount of 1/3 off of the training and materials fees for organization that send three or more people (This discount is only available for the training fees; it does not apply to lodging, transportation, or any other fees).
The following is a list of all trainings at SPI 2018 (click the title for more information about each course):
Session 1: May 14 – 22, 2018
- Analysis: Understanding Conflict
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level 2
- Transformative Leadership for Organizational Development
- Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- Modern Slavery and the Prison Industrial Complex
Session 2: May 24 – June 1, 2018
- Formation for Peacebuilding Practice
- Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories, and Applications
- Adaptive Action: Nonviolent Resistance in the 21st Century
- Sexual harms: Changing the Narrative
- Circle Processes
Session 3: June 4 – 8, 2018
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level 1
- Truth-Telling, Racial Healing, and Restorative Justice
- Peace through Pictures: Visual Communication and Nonviolence
- Christian Spirituality for Social Action
Session 4: June 11 – 15, 2018
- The Transforming Power of Identity and Dignity
- Building Resilience in Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Peace Education
- Designing Facilitated Processes that Work
- Story Gathering: Participatory Theatre for Facilitation and Empowerment
Session 5: June 18 – 20, 2018
- Restorative Justice in Higher Education
- Resisting the White Savior Complex in Social Justice Organizing
- Crime Victims, Survivors, and Restorative Justice
- Developing Integrated Conflict Management Systems
- Performance Arts: Developing Sustainable Resources for Community Learning and Action
- Singing to the Lions: Helping Children Respond Effectively to Violence and Abuse
To apply online for all courses, click here.
For more information about the Summer Peacebuilding Institute, click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.