- May 17, 2018 at 12:25 pm #153779
This is a sponsored organizational post on PCDN
The first session of the Summer Peacebuilding Institute has started. At the moment, 70 people from 20 countries are taking one of five training courses. By the end of this SPI, more than 180 people from 35 countries will have taken at least one of our 23 training courses. We hope that you will be one of them!
It’s not too late for you to attend! There are still four more sessions of SPI with 18 training courses or workshops to choose from. All courses in sessions 1 – 4 can be taken for training or academic credit.
Partial scholarships are still available and Organizational discounts on training fees are available to organizations that send more than one person. E-mail us at email@example.com for more information on these opportunities.
To apply to the 2018 Summer Peacebuilding Institute, click here.
Courses to come at the 2018 Summer Peacebuilding Institute:
Session 2: May 24 – June 1, 2018
- Formation for Peacebuilding Practice
- Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications
- Adaptive Action: Nonviolent Resistance in the 21st Century
- Sexual harms: Changing the Narrative
- Circle Processes
Session 3: June 4 – 8, 2018
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level 1
- Truth-Telling, Racial Healing, and Restorative Justice
- Christian Spirituality for Social Action
Session 4: June 11 – 15, 2018
- The Transformative Power of Identity and Dignity
- Building Resilience in Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Peace Education
- Designing Facilitated Processes that Work
- Story Gathering: Participatory Theatre for Facilitation and Empowerment
Session 5: June 18 – 20, 2018
- Restorative Justice in Higher Education
- Singing to the Lions: Helping Children Respond Effectively to Violence and Abuse
- Crime Victims, Survivors, and Restorative Justice
- Resisting the White Savior Complex in Social Justice Organizing
- Performance Arts: Developing Sustainable Resources for Community Learning and Action
We look forward to meeting you! And if you are interested in joining us at one of our Horizons of Change lunches (with guest speaker), click the attachment for information on dates, times, and speakers.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.