Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › PhD Positions Doctoral Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business” • Wittenberg •
- December 3, 2018 at 5:27 pm #158250
PhD Positions Doctoral Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business” • Wittenberg •
Crossposted from DAAD
Time Span01 Oct 2019 for 3 yearsApplication Deadline17 Feb 2019FinancingyesType of Position
- PhD – Doctoral Programme
Field of Research
- Law, Economics, and Social Sciences
SubjectsBusiness, Corporate and Leadership EthicsDescription
The Wittenberg Center for Global Ethics (WCGE) hosts the Doctoral Program “Ethics and Responsible Leadership in Business” (ERL). For admissions in October 2019, the program will award up to SIX DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS.
Four scholarships are financed by the Karl Schlecht Foundation (KSG), two by the Stiftung der Deutschen Wirtschaft (SDW). The scholarship includes a monthly stipend of 1,350 € and a membership in the doctoral program.
The international doctoral program academically and financially supports doctoral students, who develop scientifically well-founded and practically relevant answers to questions arising in the research areas of economic, corporate, and leadership ethics. The doctoral program target highly qualified, socially engaged, and globally thinking, active young scholars and practitioners from all over the world. For further information see: http://www.ethicsinbusines.eu.
The dissertation projects of applicants must fit to the thematic focus of the doctoral program and the research interests of the supervising professors. Applicants should familiarize themselves with the professors’ research interests on the program’s website:
• Prof. Dr. Laura Marie Edinger-Schons
Chair of Corporate Social Responsibility
University of Mannheim
• Prof. Dr. Ingo Pies
Chair of Business Ethics
• Prof. Dr. Philipp Schreck
Friede-Springer Endowed Chair of Business Ethics and Management Accounting
• Prof. Dr. Andreas Suchanek
Dr. Werner Jackstädt Chair of Economic and Business Ethics
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Applicants’ dissertation topics can directly relate to one of the topics proposed by the supervising professors but are not limited to these topics.
An application comprises the following documents:
• Letter of motivation (in English, max. 1000 words)
• Personal data sheet/CV (in German or English)
• Academic reference letter
• Exposé of research idea (in German or English; max. 5000 words)
• Copies of bachelor´s, master’s, magister and/or diploma certificates (or a provisional certificate) with all individual grades that are relevant for the examination and final grade
• Internship and employment certificates (if applicable)
• Certification / proof of voluntary work (if applicable)
Further information about the conditions of entry, the selection criteria of the doctoral program, the award criteria of the scholarship, and the application procedure can be found on our Website at:
Applicants should submit their application only via the online application Portal at:
RequirementsIn order to be eligible for the doctoral program, applicants must meet the following conditions:
• Their dissertation project must fit to the thematic focus of the doctoral program.
• One of the professors cooperating with the doctoral program must agree to supervise the applicants´ dissertation project.
• Applicants must have received a master’s, magister or diploma degree in a subject area that is relevant to their dissertation project. Applicants must have graduated from their master’s, magister or diploma program with an above-average degree (for example, with honours, at least grade “good” (2.0) or an equivalent degree).
• Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. Good German language skills are preferred, but are not required.In addition, it is advantageous if applicants have already gained the following experiences:
• Experienced professional work, also through internships and working student positions.
• Have been committed to social or political projects.
Have gained international experience through studies abroad programs, professional stays abroad, or international volunteer work.
Language of Dissertation
- Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
- Research Proposal
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.