March 26, 2018 at 5:39 pm #151241
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Ends on April 15, 2018REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Halcyon and ARTECHOUSE invite digital artists to submit concept proposals, samples of artwork, and budget estimates for a collaborative production work which will be showcased during a five-day international festival “By the People” in Washington, D.C. June 20-24, 2018.The review team will then choose the finalists whom they would like to work with to create a collaborative Augmented Reality activation for the “By the People” festival. This RFP provides artists with the relevant background, scope of work, required technical capabilities and creative skills for the upcoming production.ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
“By the People” will heighten the international profile of DC as a leader in the arts & innovation by demonstrating how the arts can create a platform for empathy and inclusivity. The festival will amaze and amuse while driving real learning about being better citizens of our world. It will feature artists and thought-leaders at the historic crossroads of American values, founding principles, and drive for change. By the People is free and open to all, and will include:
- Interactive and original art installations at the Smithsonian’s Arts & Industries Building; Washington National Cathedral; Union Market; THEARC, and the Parks at Walter Reed
- Innovative music and dance performances.
- Three days of meaningful talks with high-level speakers from different sides of current issues, demonstrating civilized debate on the topics of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.
- Augmented Reality: a virtual reality game-layer to engage younger attendees at each venue throughout the city.
- Late-night museum openings at major local and national museums like Hirshhorn Museum and Culture Garden, National Museum of African American History and Culture, National Museum of the American Indian, National Portrait Gallery, National Zoological Park, etc.
Visit http://www.bythepeople.org | #bythepeople
Halcyon is a nonprofit organization that provides resources, information and connections to emerging creatives – socially engaged artists and social entrepreneurs working to use their vision and talent to address the world’s greatest challenges. Signature programs include Halcyon Incubator, Halcyon Arts Lab, Halcyon Dialogue and the By the People festival. In only three years, Halcyon’s 55 social entrepreneurs have created over 350 jobs, raised more than $23 million and impacted nearly half a million lives around the world. Founded by Dr. Sachiko Kuno and Kate Goodall, Halcyon is based out of the historic Halcyon estate and nearby Halcyon Arts Lab in Georgetown.
Visit halcyonhouse.org | @Halcyon_Inspires | #Staycreative
ARTECHOUSE is based in Washington, DC, and is the first of its kind, an innovative art space dedicated to showcasing experiential and technologically driven works by artists who are forerunners in the new age of arts and technology. With a mission to inspire, educate, and empower the creation of new, experiential and exploratory art forms, ARTECHOUSE connects audiences to the arts, and stimulates interest in the limitless possibilities of technology, science and creativity. Since it’s opening in June 2017 ARTECHOUSE has welcomed over 150,000 visitors and has been featured on BBC, New York Times, USA Today, National Geographic, CNN, Washington Post and numerous other national and international media outlets as the premier art space for the #FutureofArts.
Visit http://www.artechouse.com | @artechouse | #artechouse
The following is a tentative schedule that will apply to this RFP, but may change in accordance with the festival’s organizational needs and/or requests.
January 31, 2018 – Issuance of RFP on halcyonhouse.org and artechouse.com)
April 15, 2018 – Submission Deadline*
April 15-20, 2018 – Review & Semi Finalists by ARTECHOUSE
April 20-25, 2018 – Final Artists Selection by Halcyon and other parties
April 15-25, 2018 – Additional Question/Clarification Period
April 25-30, 2018 – Content Finalization
May 1-31, 2018 – Development/Production 1st Phase**
June 1-20, 2018 – Development/Production 2nd Phase***
*Due to many requests, the submission deadline was extended to April 15, 2018!
* The first phase of Development/Production focuses on the core development, programming/coding, and full content implementation to the chosen digital platforms.
** The second phase of Development/Production is dedicated to final testing and review.
CATEGORIES OF DIGITAL ARTISTS ARTECHOUSE IS SEEKING:
- 2D | Illustration
- Motion Graphics | Animation
- 3D Environments
- Generative Art | Particle Systems
For more info click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.