As you may know are are launching PCDN 3.0 (see below for a list of features and what you need to know) in the next few days. We did have wonderful PCDN 3.0 in DC last week) where our local friends and members got to test out the network. While we hoped to launch immediately last week we ran into some last minute small issues. Thus we are working hard to make sure we have an even faster and more robust 3.0 PCDN for our launch.
Our new platform should be up end of this or early next week. All members will receive an email inviting you to the new platform.
We apologize for the delay and ask for your patience. PCDN is a huge platform with 36,000 members, over 12,000 blogs, thousands of other posts and over 30 Gigs of data.
the PCDN team
What you need to know for PCDN 3.0 and how to help
The new PCDN 3.0 will include new functions such as:
– New email system that features a daily digest (the end of blast emails)
– New jobs system to keep you in the know of all job offers
– Mobile friendly/responsive interface
– New chat and video capabilities to engage with members including
Audio, text and video chat options
Individual & Group chat options
Integration with G-chat
Ability for users to create public, password protected and invitation-only chatrooms
Send Files &Share Collaborative Documents
Ability to use Emojis
Users can Translate conversations to different languages
Users can Save conversations
Temporarily or permanently ban members
Ability To broadcast sessions
– Your own profile interface to keep track of your blogs, videos, events
– Improved event system
– A new URL/Web address for PCDN (coming on Jan 20th).
– And many other new improvements
We also need your assistance in several ways including:
1) Please announce on your networks that PCDN 3.0 #benintheknow is coming and that we are one of the coolest social change resources in the world.
2) If you’re willing to help distribute the announcement of PCDN 3.0 to your networks, listservs, organizations we will be posting sample text once we launch. You can also send us an note at info(at)internationalpeaceandconflict.org and we will add you to our list and send you sample text directly
3) Keep the suggestions of how we can improve PCDN coming and how to better engage members
4) Please consider providing some financial support as we seek to scale our work and reach.