The go-to hub for the global social change community
Over the past eight years, PCDN has grown be one of the leading social change networks in the world, connecting, informing and inspiring over 36,000 members from over 180 countries around the globe. Thank you for your role in the success of PCDN!
Over the past few months,many of you have provided feedback to PCDN about ways to improve the network, especially in regard to our website. We have taken all of the information shared with us to create a 100% new platform to launch on January 20th, 2016.
The new PCDN 3.0 will include new functions such as:
– New email system that features a daily digest
– New jobs system to keep you in the know of all job offers
– Mobile friendly/responsive interface
– New chat and video capabilities to engage with members,
– Your own profile interface to keep track of your blogs, videos, events
– Improved event system
– A new URL/Web address for PCDN (coming on Jan 20th).
– And many other new improvements
We also need your assistance in several ways including:
1) Please announce on your networks that PCDN 3.0 #benintheknow is coming and that we are one of the coolest social change resources in the world.
2) If you’re willing to help distribute the announcement of PCDN 3.0 to your networks, listservs, organizations we will be posting sample text once we launch. You can also send us an note at info(at)internationalpeaceandconflict.org and we will add you to our list and send you sample text directly
3) Please note, we will be transitioning most of the current content from our current PCDN platform to the new system. However, our current site has over 33 GB of data and some items we cannot transfer. This includes photos and videos in particular. Thus we strongly encourage you to save any of your favorite photos in particular and once the new platform is live you can add those.
4) Keep the suggestions of how we can improve PCDN coming and how to better engage members
5) Please consider providing some financial support as we seek to scale our work and reach.
On the day of our launch we will have a new URL/web address. You will need to sign into the new system and request your password. If you visit the old url we will redirect you to the new page.
We will also be adding new online and offline events to better engage our members and help provide the tools, resources and inspiration to scale social change.
We could not be more grateful for all of our members who are helping us shape and grow the PCDNetwork. Please be on the lookout for the launch of our new website in early 2016 and share with others. We will also be continually upgrading the site in and plan to add a resume database in the near future to help employers find the best candidates.
The PCDN Team
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.