Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › OFID is now accepting applications for its 2017/2018 Scholarship, open to young students from developing countries to undertake graduate studies in a development-related discipline
January 19, 2017 at 7:20 am #121014
We are pleased to announce that OFID is now accepting applications for its 2017/2018 Scholarship. Please review the application guidelines thoroughly before applying.
Applicants may also find it useful to also review the scholarship FAQs. Kindly note that the deadline for submitting scholarship applications is May 1, 2017.
OFID awards its scholarships to qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree.
Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2017, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year.
For more info click here
Beware of scams implying association with OFID!
There are various fraudulent schemes whose authors purport to be OFID personnel or agents, or otherwise associated with OFID.
Please be aware that OFID does not:
- conduct lotteries or offer prizes;
- extend any type of loans or grants directly to individuals;
- charge any fees for: job, grant or scholarship applications; attending seminars and conferences; or before a legal agreement is concluded between OFID and a beneficiary of its financial assistance;
- have offices outside of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
- request for personal, business or confidential information as a precondition for any financial assistance it provides.
Read OFID’s anti-fraud disclaimer in full.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.