Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2017 to attend the One Young World Summit in Colombia
May 18, 2017 at 3:54 am #125919
OFID Development Leaders Scholarship 2017
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries. OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world. It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade. OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, healthcare and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
OFID is a long standing supporter of One Young World and has enabled more than 150 young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit since 2011.
This year OFID will sponsor 16 young leaders (including five Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia) who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2017 which takes place in Bogotá, Colombia from 4 – 7 October.
To learn more about OFID and its activities please visit: http://www.ofid.org.
What does the scholarship include?
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
Who can apply?
In order to apply you must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries. Click here to view list.
- Please note that five of the places available are reserved for Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia.
Afghanistan Albania Angola Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Azerbaijan Bangladesh Barbados Belize Benin Bolivia Bosnia-Herzegovina Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad China Colombia Comoros Congo D.R. Congo Republic Costa Rica Cote d’Ivoire Cuba Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia Gambia Georgia Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras India Jamaica Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Korea DPR Kosovo Kyrgyz Republic Lao PDR Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Maldives Mali Mauritania Mauritius Mongolia Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nepal Nicaragua Niger Pakistan Palestine Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Rwanda Samoa Sao Tome and Principe Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Solomon Islands Somalia Sri Lanka St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. Vincent and the Grenadines Sudan Suriname Swaziland Syria Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Uganda Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading responsible business practices to public service.
- Leadership ability
- Concern for local or global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
How to apply
Submit an online application in English before midnight 20 June.
for more details click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.