NOVA 2018-19 Horizontal Ad
Brandeis horizontal 1
UMASS Boston Horizontal

Going For A Global Truce Peace Scholarship (small amount of 360$)

Home Forums Competitions, Prizes and Awards Going For A Global Truce Peace Scholarship (small amount of 360$)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvonne Akoth Yvonne Akoth 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stany Nzobonimpa
    Stany Nzobonimpa
    Participant

Hi community,

photo: courtesy, NASA
    Hi PCDN community,
    Our team is offering a small scholarship of 360$ to an outstanding Peace Student. The scholarship is being offered by Social worker Michelle Lee Rosenthal and volunteer Stany Nzobonimpa.
    Note this is a continuation of the Going For A Global Truce Peace scholarship initially announced in 2011 by Miss Rosenthal(see https://pcdnetwork.org/blogs/announcing-our-first-two-winners-of-the-going-for-a-global-truce-peace-scholarship/ ).
    Between 2012 and 2013, as Peace Volunteers for the Global Truce Movement, Michelle and Stany worked on a peace treaty proposal that was submitted to a few world leaders including in Addis Ababa (at the African Union Headquarters), Washington DC, Arusha (Tanzania) and Nairobi (Kenya).
    Today, almost 7 years after the first edition, we are returning the favor to another aspiring peacemaker. We invite potential applicants to comment below and tell us why they want to pursue a degree or diploma in Peace Studies. The deadline to apply is Dec 31 2018. All we require is a comment (on The PCDN Website, see first link above) stating why you are interested in Peace Studies. The winner will provide proof of class registration in the January/Winter semester.
    Thanks
    Stany
    Profile photo of Yvonne Akoth
    Yvonne Akoth
    Participant

Hallo,

Greetings from Nairobi, Kenya.

I am a 3rd year peace and conflict studies student in St Paul’s University, Kenya. 3 years ago, I chose to set up an organization that would empower children and youth with peace-building, conflict management and violence prevention skills, knowledge and information. My goal was to address as well as empower young people to play an active role in preventing communal and ethnic violence, institutional and urban conflicts in Nairobi’s informal settlements. This passion has been strengthened by the knowledge gained from my degree course in peace and conflict studies, whereby I am imparting vital skills and knowledge to young people who are my target group. I believe this is a prerequisite for achieving of sustainable peace in Nairobi’s informal settlements and other growing towns in Kenya. To date, I am happy to  have reached more than 650 young people directly in Nairobi’s urban and peri-urban informal settlements.

Yvonne. A

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Kroc Peace Summer Institute Horizontal Banner
Tech Change Horizontal