September 3, 2014 at 8:07 pm #101158
The Organization: Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 500 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects in 35 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States.
Summary: The Global Affairs and Partnerships program at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is seeking a part-time fall intern to provide research, administrative, and logistical support to the team’s advocacy, outreach, and upstream fundraising activities. GAP is responsible for bilateral and multilateral fundraising, donor and organizational partnerships, global advocacy and outreach, and proposal development for global programs. The intern will report to the Global Affairs and Partnerships Manager.
- Conduct desktop research related to policies and priorities from funders, including USAID and the State Department;
- Monitor and attend Congressional hearings;
- Identify and research opportunities for new program development and partnerships;
- Represent SFCG at relevant meetings in Washington, D.C.;
- Maintain and update knowledge management tools;
- Identify and analyze fundraising trends;
- Support new program design and proposal writing;
- Provide backup support to SFCG’s front desk;
- Perform general administrative tasks as needed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Current student or graduate with a degree in Government, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Development, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Search Engines).
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- Experience working with or within the US Government (Congress, USAID, State Dept, etc)
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Demonstrable interest in conflict resolution;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Interest and/or experience in foreign policy, advocacy and outreach, and conflict resolution;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample in one document through our application system at https://sfcg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=115. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please clearly state the title: Global Affairs and Partnerships Internship – Search for Common Ground in the subject line of your email. Please also include your availability (days and hours/week) in your cover letter. No phone calls please.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.