Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › Call for Applications, 2019 Dalai Lama Fellows
January 9, 2019 at 11:04 am #158607
Craig ZelizerKeymasterABOUT DALAI LAMA FELLOWSPlease cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.“The problems we face today, violent conflicts, destruction of nature, poverty, hunger and so on, are human-created problems which can be resolved through human effort, understanding and the development of a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood. We need to cultivate a universal responsibility for one another and the planet we share.” ~Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama Fellows, founded in 2010 with the inspiration and encouragement of the 14th Dalai Lama, is reimagining leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values and local understanding to solve global challenges at the communal level. The program is secular and ecumenical.
We award year-long Fellowships to such next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas: mitigating economic disparity, diminishing violence, gender inequity, improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, facilitating new and more holistic educational approaches,and enhancing environmental sustainability.
We provide each Project Fellow with:
- Immersion in our distinctive yearlong Head, Heart, Hands leadership curriculum;
- One-on-one coaching to support their projects in social change and personal development as contemplative and collaborative leaders;
- Participation in two week-long Global Assembliesy with Fellows from around the world and dynamic faculty; and
- LifeLong affiliation in our global learning community and support system.
February 3, 2019: All applications due
April 15 – 30, 2019: All Fellows are selected and notified
May 1 – June 2019: Virtual Onboarding of Fellows and Preliminary Curriculum
June 2019 (TBD): 5 Day Global Assembly in the United States
July 2019 – May 2020: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, monthly coaching calls, learning groups, project implementation in local communities
June 2020 and beyond: 5 Day Gobal Assembly in the United States, where Fellows officially complete their Fellowship year and graduate into LifeLong Fellows global leadership and learning community
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, a candidate must demonstrate the following through the application:
(1) Next generation leader who is between ages 20-35 years;
(2) Fluency in written and spoken English;
(3) Experience or interest in learning and practicing contemplative practices throughout the year;
(4) Description of project of social change/justice that can be undertaken over the year;
(5) In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the proposed project is seeking to work in and address, preferably with more than one year of previous experience working with the community in question;
(6) Commitment to participating in our online learning platform, which hosts our year-long curriculum;
(7) Attendance at week-long Global Assembly in June 2019 and again in June 2020, participation in monthly coaching calls through video conference, participation in monthly group calls with other Fellows, completion of curriculum, and peer-to-peer interaction on the platform.
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
The application for Dalai Lama Fellows consists of six major parts:
Applicant Background and Overview
One Letter of Recommendation
For more info click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.