NOVA Horizontal
UPEACE Winter 2018 second banner
Rotary Horizontal 2

Apply today! Receive Full Funding for a Master’s or Professional Certificate in Peace & Conflict Studies

Home Forums Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs Apply today! Receive Full Funding for a Master’s or Professional Certificate in Peace & Conflict Studies

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rotary Centers Rotary Peace Centers 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rotary Peace Fellowship Program Applications now being accepted for 2017

http://www.rotary.org/en/peace-fellowships

The spike in regional and local conflicts around the globe has boosted the need for professionals skilled in waging peace. The fully funded Rotary Peace Fellowship, which covers tuition and living expenses, increases the capacity of current and emerging peace leaders to prevent and resolve conflict through academic training, field experience, and professional networking.

Connect with international peacebuilders and thought leaders while earning a master’s degree or a professional development certificate in peace and conflict studies at one of the Rotary Peace Centers, located within seven leading universities around the world. The Rotary Peace Fellowship offers customized curriculum in a range of fields related to peace and conflict prevention and resolution.

Our nearly 1000 program alumni are working as change agents for peace in over 100 countries with national governments, NGOs, United Nations agencies, the World Bank, and other entities.

Join us and apply today for the 2017-18 academic year!

Applications are due 31 May, 2016

How to apply

• Join an upcoming webinar
    • Find detailed information about options for study and the application process on our website

“I am in a senior position because of the analytical skills and tools I learned as a Rotary Peace Fellow. Now I can influence national policy for the poor in Cambodia.” — Path Heang (University of Queensland 2004, chief of a UNICEF field office in Cambodia)

“My network of contacts significantly expanded with the fellowship and that has helped me tremendously.”  — Katia de Mello Dantas (Duke-UNC 2009, policy director for the Brazil office of the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children)

“I wanted to do something to help prevent war, rather than addressing its consequences.” — Robert Opira (University of Queensland 2007, executive director of the Great Lakes Center for Conflict Resolution)

“Congo is a country that has been devastated by war. People need not only the end of war, but they also want to be free from the consequences of war, and one of those is bad health. I am helping to improve health outcomes among the population, so that they may be at peace with themselves.  I am an ordinary person, but Rotary has given me an extraordinary opportunity.”

Adrien Lokangaka (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2012-14, researcher with the World Health Organization)     

Profile photo of Craig Zelizer
    Craig Zelizer
    Keymaster

I would like to make a very strong endorsement of this amazing fellowship opportunity generously sponsored by Rotary. This is one of the top fellowship opportunities in the world, and definitely the best for peacebuilding. Rotary has made a very generous commitment to providing funding for approximately 100 fellow per year to help achieve greater peace in the world. I have been fortunate to be involved in the Program for many years, occasionally teaching in the 2.5 Professional Training Program located at Chulalongkorn university bring 20-25 mid to senior leaders from governments, IGOs, academic, NGOs for an intensive and wonderful capacity building session.

I strongly encourage everyone to share this opportunity as widely as possible and consider applying yourself if you meet the criteria. 

Profile photo of Sana Akhtar
    Sana Akhtar

its only for members who r connected to rotary 

Profile photo of Sibonokuhle Ncube
    Sibonokuhle Ncube
    Participant

This is good to know. I am interested.

Profile photo of Craig Zelizer
    Craig Zelizer
    Keymaster

It is open see the guidelines on the website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

NOVA Horizontal
UPEACE Winter 2018 second banner
Rotary Banner 3 Horizontal