March 20, 2019 at 4:03 pm #159819
Innovate4Climate (I4C) 2019 will deliver for the first time a Pitch Hub Competition to highlight solutions with potential for transformative impact and facilitate matchmaking between investors and investment opportunities.
- Seeking climate-smart solutions to support cities in reducing their emissions and/or increasing their resilience to climate change impacts.
- The Pitch Hub Competition aims to engage start-ups and entrepreneurs and create a space for innovation at I4C.
- Call for Solutions is currently open and will close on April 7, 2019. An independent panel of experts will evaluate all the proposals and choose five finalists.
- Finalists will take part in a live competition at I4C on June 4, 2019, in Singapore.
PITCH HUB COMPETITION
An annual matchmaking competition for innovators that showcases ingenuity, entrepreneurship, and a clear value proposition.
Highlight climate-smart solutions with potential for transformative impact. Facilitate matchmaking between investors and investment opportunities.
Innovative climate-smart solutions supporting cities in reducing their emissions and/or increasing their resilience to climate impacts.
Startups that are at the Minimum Viable Product Stage with well-defined climate-smart solutions.
Call for Solutions
- Today, 55% of the world’s population lives in urban areas, a proportion that is expected to increase to 70% by 2050. Cities account for just 2% of global land area but are responsible for 70% of greenhouse gas emissions. Furthermore, as much as 80% of adaptation costs are expected to be borne in urban areas.
- Supporting climate-smart cities – those that are low-carbon and climate resilient – is a critical part of addressing climate change. Becoming a climate-smart city requires an integrated approach combining planning, policy, regulation, and investment.
- I4C seeks well-defined climate-smart solutions at the Minimum Viable Product Stage that can support cities in reducing their emissions goals and/or increasing their resilience to climate change impacts. I4C is searching for feasible, implementable, and scalable solutions to address the climate challenge.
- Submissions can be goods, services (e.g. financial instruments, risk management mechanisms), technological solutions, or innovative business models that can be applied in one of the urban focus areas defined below.
URBAN FOCUS AREAS
- Disaster Risk Management
- Information Technology
Please, read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
I4C PITCH HUB SEEKS…
…solutions that are feasible, climate-smart, implementable, and scalable
Demonstrates a clear value proposition, an actionable business model, a preliminary market analysis, and a draft implementation plan.
Demonstrates potential for climate change mitigation or adaptation. Socioeconomic, environmental and development co-benefits will also be considered.
Demonstrates the potential to achieve market viability in cities in developing countries and emerging markets, and has the capacity to be deployed within the next 5 years.
Demonstrates potential to be scaled-up or replicated in other contexts, especially in developing countries and emerging markets.
Finalists will be invited to attend and pitch at the Innovate4Climate (I4C) conference in Singapore on June 4, 2019. Travel and accommodation will be provided.
At I4C you will network with the right people in the climate solution space and connect with industry leaders and financiers.
- Is your solution innovative and relevant to the topic?
- Does your solution demonstrate the existence of a clear value proposition with a likelihood for success?
- Who is your target market? How big is your target market?
- Does your solution improve a city’s climate resilience and/or reduce its carbon footprint?
- Does your solution demonstrate the potential to achieve cost-effective market viability in a city in a developing country or emerging market and have the capacity to be deployed within the next 5 years?
- Can your solution be scaled and replicated?
- Does your submission articulate why you need funding and how it will be used?
For more information click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.