Home › Forums › Scholarship, Fellowship Opportunities and Academic Programs › 60 postgraduate Masters scholarships are available for the brightest and best African scholars, University of Edinburgh (Mastercard Foundation)
October 31, 2016 at 8:01 am #116280
60 postgraduate Masters scholarships are available for the brightest and best African scholars with great potential but few educational opportunities.
Scholars will be provided with the opportunity to become leaders within their communities and to improve the lives of countless more when they return home to Africa.
Ten scholarships are available in 2017/2018 which will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance. Awards are tenable for one academic year, and at the end of the award candidates will be required to return to Africa.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate Masters programmes:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Education
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MSc Product Design
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh in the programmes listed above. We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University. Have a look at entry requirements for postgraduate students at http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/postgraduate-entry/africa Please see section on applying below for more information;
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome;
- You must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community; and
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not already had the opportunity to study in Scotland.
The scholarships are competitive and awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree. Applicants financial, personal, and family circumstances will also be taken into account.
Applicants must also be committed to returning to Africa following their graduation to give back to their home community and country.
We encourage applicants to apply to this scholarship BEFORE applying to the University (unless they are also applying to funding elsewhere). By completing a short online pre-application assessment, the MCF team will assess the student’s eligibility for the scholarship and if appropriate, provide a full application form.
Scholarship applications open on 4th October 2016 and close at midnight (GMT) on 30th November 2016.
STEP 1: COMPLETE AN ONLINE PRE-APPLICATION ASSESSMENT
In order to assess your eligibility for the scholarship, please complete the following Pre-Application Assessment Form. Please note that full applications are not accepted before 4th October 2016, but you can complete the Pre- Application Assessment Form before that time.
STEP 2: RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM THE MCF TEAM
Based on your eligibility for the program as assessed through the online Pre-Application Assessment Form, we will respond to you shortly.
We will send you a full scholarship application if you’re eligible for the scholarship program with further information on the terms & conditions of the program.
STEP 3: COMPLETE & SUBMIT YOUR FULL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
Complete application and send to us from 4th of October 2016 to midnight (GMT) on 30th November 2016.
Please be advised full applications sent before the 4th of October 2016 will not be considered.
Costs associated with visas, English language testing, and the application process (including deposit for application) will be covered by The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
A University of Edinburgh Selection Committee will meet in January 2017 with an aim to interview shortlisted candidates in February and March. The scholarship winners will be announced in late-March 2017.
for more info see http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-funding/mastercardfdn/apply/postgraduate
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.