Home › Forums › Training and Capacity Building in Peacebuilding and Related Fields › 2019 Summer Peacebuilding Institute – Apply now !
Tagged: reconciliation, Peacebuilding, justice, leadership, Trauma, Resilience, change, Community, violence, Skills, Organizing, Learning, Capacity, Eastern Mennonite University, Summer Peacebuilding Institute, racial healing
October 25, 2018 at 9:09 am #157306
This is a sponsored post on PCDN
The world bends towards justice… if we make justice a priority.
Peace is possible… when communities take peaceful action.
Social change is achievable… if we work together.
Small groups in every society are building a world organized around principles of justice, equity, human dignity, right relationship with our planet, and peace. The work looks different in each context and we do not always use the same language to describe it.
The Summer Peacebuilding Institute (SPI) is here to help you gain the skills necessary to change your community and the world. We believes that those working to bring about positive social change need to:
- Learn from each other
- Enhance their understanding of problems and possibilities
- Increase their practical skills for promoting change
- Take time for rest, reflection, and renewal
To apply for courses at the Summer Peacebuilding Institute, click here. Click a course title below for information on that course or click here to see a list of all courses and short descriptions on our website.
Session 1: May 13 – 21, 2019
- Analysis: Understanding Conflict
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level II
- Circle Processes
- Transformational Leadership for Organizational Change
Session 2: May 23 – May 31, 2019
- Formation for Peacebuilding Practice
- Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications
- Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- Trustbuilding: Towards Relational Justice and Sustainable Change
Session 3: June 3 – 7, 2019
- Truth-telling, Racial Healing & Restorative Justice
- Community Organizing for Social Change
- Designing Facilitated Processes that Work
- Peacebuilding Approaches to Violent Extremism
Session 4: June 10 – 14, 2019
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level I
- Playback Theater: Honoring Stories and Healing Wounds
- Singing to the Lions: Helping Children Respond Effectively to Violence and Abuse (three day course ending June 12, 2019)
- Building Resilience and Challenging Systemic Racism (three day course ending June 12, 2019)
About the Summer Peacebuilding Institute
The Summer Peacebuilding Institute (SPI) provides broad-based and specialized trainings that empower participants to contextualize the knowledge to their own situations. Learn more about yourself, others, and the world around you through courses, conversations, laughter, hiking, volleyball, group meals, and other activities.
SPI 2019 offers two 7-day sessions and two 5-day sessions, each with several courses running at the same time. Participants can take one course per session.
Courses can be taken for professional development or academic credit.
Courses are open to all people interested in integrating conflict transformation, peacebuilding, restorative justice, trauma awareness, and related fields into their own work and life.
For more information
• Visit http://www.emu.edu/spi
See full course descriptions, instructor bios, and costs
• Call 540-432-4672
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/summer.peacebuilding.institute
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.