2019 GATHER Fellowship applications are now open.
“We refuse to accept what is when we know what can be.”
— Seeds of Peace Alumni Charter
We are proud to announce our fourth annual Seeds of Peace GATHER Fellowship.
GATHER is a community of people who use their individual and collective power to meaningfully change the systems that perpetuate conflict. As individuals, we recognize that change requires multiple approaches and each of us working in our way across all aspects of society. As a community, reaching beyond traditional boundaries and divides, we are a living example of the world that we are working to build and proof that it can exist.
CALL TO ACTION
Are you committed to leading change in your community? Are you developing a creative solution to conflict in your community— whether as an entrepreneur, educator, artist, journalist, NGO professional, policymaker, activist, or otherwise?
We are looking for people like you!
We are investing in the work and ideas of our alumni and other leaders advancing change across the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States.
As a GATHER Fellow, you will become part of a premier cohort of local and global change-agents.
Leadership can be lonely—GATHER is intentionally designed to support you and your work within the context of a trusting community.
You will be provided with the personalized support to advance your work, tools to hone your professional skill set, and access to a pool of funds to expand your impact.
We want to invest in the work and ideas of Seeds of Peace alumni and other leaders advancing change across the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States.
As a GATHER Fellow, you will become part of a premiere cohort of change-agents. Leadership can be a lonely business—GATHER is therefore intentionally designed to support you and your work within the context of a trusting community. You will be provided with the personalized support to advance your work, tools to hone your professional skillset, and access to a pool of funds to expand your impact.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY
The GATHER Fellowship invests in an accomplished, innovative, and diverse cohort from different sectors and backgrounds. Our selection of Fellows is guided by:
- Proven Ability:Personal experience, familiarity with the issue at hand, tools, and passion necessary to achieve goals.
- Leadership & Teamwork:Ability to communicate new ideas, influence others, and work collaboratively.
- Clarity of Purpose:Clearly defined response to a societal problem that relates to core conflict issues and a strategically designed plan of action.
- Commitment:Full and active participation in all program elements. GATHER Fellows are expected to be in full-attendance at in-person convenings in addition to 5-7 hours of monthly programming.
Incubate:Intensive five-day incubator program comprised of peer learning, professional skill-building, and networking with local experts in Stockholm, Sweden. All associated costs are covered by the GATHER Fellowship.
Connect:Online platforms to promote your work and participation in a series of virtual skill-building workshops and high-profile lectures.
Grow:Holistic project development powered by the Social Entrepreneurship Forum combined with access to modest funding to help drive impact.
Access:Seeds of Peace’s worldwide network of industry leaders and change-agents will open the doors necessary to help make your work a success.
Amplify:Providing international platforms and visibility to showcase your work and amplify your project.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
- Project Development:We are investing in you because we believe in your ability to create real change. We are looking for individuals with ambitious plans and milestones that they will be held accountable to throughout the Fellowship process.
- Teaching and Learning:We expect Fellows to be actively engaged in the high-level learning opportunities organized on their behalf with experts in a variety of relevant fields. We furthermore believe that Fellows can learn enormously from one another, and thus expect our Fellows to be prepared to share their skills and insights with one another.
- Virtual Participation:Because of the international nature of this Fellowship, Fellows are expected to be active participants in a series of online meetings that occur throughout the Fellowship process and be readily available for ongoing email and phone communication with the GATHER team and with each other.
- Bringing it Back Home:GATHER believe deeply in the power of “paying it forward.” We therefore, expect you to organize at least one activity in your community upon returning from the Fellowship Incubator that provides a taste of the Fellowship experience to those around you.
- Applications due November 1, 2018
- Final decisions in January 2019
- Ongoing virtual & local meetups throughout 2019*
- Fellowship Incubator (Stockholm): April 5-10, 2019*
- GATHER Fellowship Closing: Fall 2019 (Location TBD)*
*Mandatory/fully-funded programming for all GATHER Fellows
The Fellowship Incubator will be hosted in Stockholm, Sweden, in partnership with the Social Entrepreneurship Forum.
“I was reminded of the important things in life and was bolstered personally by my affiliation with people like me around the world. I learned critical lessons, like the importance of getting a minimal viable product out, how to utilize my network to its fullest extent, and the importance of being part of a community of entrepreneurs.” — Justin (Founder, Bandura Games)
“I realized that I have the potential to be a game-changer in this landscape, and am now building a network of powerful endorsers who can help me make meaningful and measurable change.” — Zoe (Founder, Knowledge Factory)
“The Fellowship helped shape my venture and think about it in more focused and structured ways. Mostly, the Fellowship and the exposure to the other Fellows strengthened my commitment. I believe I can and need to do big things!” — Keren (Director, Shutafot Coalition for Economic Equality)