The Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize at the University of Pennsylvania is an annual global prize given to one organization that celebrates leadership and innovation in the social sector with an emphasis on impact and transferability of practices.
July 29, 2016 at 8:51 pm #113030
2017 Lipman Prize Application Open Until August 15th
Vision. Inspiration. Impact. The ability to see the world as it can be — to inspire ideas for change — to deliver sustainable solutions for a better world.
The Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize at the University of Pennsylvania is an annual global prize that celebrates leadership and innovation among organizations creating positive social impact. We are committed to resourcing and connecting change-makers to bring innovative ideas to new places and problems around the world.
Governed by a steering committee comprised of University faculty, staff, and Lipman family representatives, the Lipman Family Prize is administered by the Wharton School on behalf of the University of Pennsylvania. The work of the Prize and the management of the Fellow Community resides within the Wharton Leadership Program. Learn more about Penn’s rich tradition of service.
Watch the Lipman Video featuring 2016 Honorees
The award recognizes and amplifies the work of organizations devoted to positive social impact and creating sustainable solutions to significant social and economic challenges. Around the globe, trailblazing organizations are implementing cutting-edge solutions to the problems facing our world, however, they lack the access to resources and relationships that could extend the power of their ideas. The ultimate goal of the Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize is to spread those global lessons found in local success. The more we can shed light on solutions that work, the more effective we will be at creating a better world.
Winners of the Lipman Family Prize are models for the good they achieve as well as for their approach and implementation. The winner of the Prize tackles universal problems in a local setting by offering an approach, model, or innovation that can be adapted to create a positive impact elsewhere around the globe. The Lipman Family Prize recognizes and supports these organizations — providing a service to the broader social sector by connecting organizations across service areas to the broader Penn community.
The Lipman Family Prize:
- Rewards exemplary work in the social sector.
- Supports honorees through an educational and consultative partnership.
- Convenes leaders from exemplary organizations to learn from one another.
- Educates University of Pennsylvania students about the social sector through the prize making process.
Announced each spring at an award ceremony at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the Lipman Family Prize includes:
- A $250,000 unrestricted cash award for the winning organization and $50,000 for each of the two other honorees.
- An ongoing partnership with the University dedicated to knowledge sharing and support of the organization. This includes promotion of their work and accomplishments in the Lipman Prize network of organizations, Penn faculty and alumni, and social impact funders.
- Access to tuition-free executive education programs at Wharton Executive Education and the Center for Social Impact Strategy, valued at approximately $15,000.
All three honorees for the Lipman Family Prize receive the same non-monetary benefits. Together with the University of Pennsylvania, each year’s honorees will help to build new knowledge, resources, and solutions for the social sector.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.