EventsAdd your own event!
Writing press release Course
November 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm| $220
Event: Writing press release Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services. Nairobi, Kenya.
Event Date: 6th November, 2017.
CERTIFIED BY NITA.
With its wide reach, press releases are one of the most effective and efficient ways for you to disseminate important information and communicate with your organization’s various stakeholders. A well-crafted press release must not only communicate its intended message but must also increase the likelihood of it being picked up and reported by the media. Only then will your intended message reach your target audience. You will learn to hone your press release writing skills to achieve these goals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is relevant to all first line managers or equivalents that are responsible in drafting press releases in the course of your work.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the attributes of a good press release.
- Apply and use catchy headlines
- Use simple and concise language to draft press releases that grab the media’s attention and clearly communicate the key messages.
MODULES TO BE COVERED/TOPICS
Attributes of a good press release
- Understanding the needs of the news media
- Examining recent government press releases
- Drafting a press release
- Deciding the main message
- Using simple language
- Writing headlines and sub-heads
- Presenting facts and figures
- Using the fact sheet
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate.
View related courses
- Debt Collection and Credit Management..
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development Skills..
- Strategic Negotiations and conflict resolutions for Public and Private Sector Executives..
- Development Effectiveness for Decentralization and Local Governance..
- The Art of Networking..
The most popular courses
- Project Management Workshop for Senior Officers..
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Epidemiology and Public Health..
- Mainstreaming Disaster Risk Reduction into National Development Process..
- Effective Project Proposal and Report Writing..
- Processing and Analysis of Data for Surveys/Assessment (Methodology and Software)..
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Support..
- Integrated Soil Health and Fertility Management..
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.