EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Workshop, USAID Awards Compliance: What HR Needs to Know, Humentum, DC
June 13, 2018
This is a sponsored organizational post on PCDN
This one-day workshop is designed to help individuals and organizations understand the regulations that govern their NGO’s US government funding (grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements). Our expert trainers will demystify the rules, debunk common misinformation, and highlight the federal regulations that affect recruitment, employment, advancement, and dismissal, all from a human resources perspective. Taught in a highly participatory style, this workshop will give you the most current knowledge you need to effectively comply with your funders’ requirements.
Who Should Attend
- Human resource staff
- Project/Program staff who need to understand HR compliance
What You Will Learn
This workshop explores the requirements for hiring, retaining, and dismissing personnel in organizations that receive USAID awards. You will learn how to:
- Manage recruitment including: costs, moving expenses, hiring and replacement of “key personnel”
- Plan and implement allowable compensation, employee allowances, training, education, and travel expenses
- Navigate the differences between assistance and acquisition regulations
- Set and apply policies for documentation of employees’ time and level of effort
Participants at the workshop will earn 7.8 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
Humentum is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.