EventsAdd your own event!
- This event has passed.
Workshop on USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements, Humentum
June 25, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 27, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
This is a sponsored organizational post on PCDN
This three-day workshop covers the many rules and regulations associated with USAID funding, and is designed to enhance the ability of NGO staff to effectively manage their programs and maintain donor compliance. Whether you are new to USAID funding or have years of program experience, this highly participatory course gives you the skills and knowledge you need to confidently apply the complex directives found within the regulations. You will also have the opportunity to ask specific questions you may have about your own award. Taught by an experienced team of senior practitioners, this workshop has been completed by thousands of development practitioners around the world. Attendees consistently evaluate the learning they receive in this course as “excellent,” “effective,” and “fun.” While the focus of this workshop is USAID funding for grants and cooperative agreements, it also provides a good foundation for understanding funding from other US Government agencies.
Note: This training is the first of three requirements for our Certificate in Assistance Management.
Who Should Attend
In addition to individual participants, Humentum encourages teams of employees to attend this workshop together, to build and reinforce a culture of compliance across their organization. Those who will benefit include:
- Finance, contracts & grants staff
- Program staff
- Administrative staff
- New business development staff
- Any experienced NGO employee who needs an update on the rules and regulations
- Independent auditors (including representatives from certified public accounting firms who perform compliance or financial audits within the development sector)
- USAID staff, including Agreement Officers, Agreement Officer’s Representatives, and program staff
If your organization is implementing a USAID contract, we offer a workshop geared to this funding mechanism: USAID Contract Management for NGOs: An Introduction.
What You Will Learn
This workshop equips employees of US NGOs with a detailed look at USAID grants and cooperative agreements and the necessary strategies for successful award and program management. You will learn how to:
- Navigate and apply USAID rules and regulations to ensure compliant and successful program implementation
- Build and manage collaborative relationships with key players related to your award
- Explain the relationship between your own NGO policies and the regulations
- Identify when approvals, waivers, and extensions are required, as well as how to obtain them
- Develop strategies for finding the answers to common and complex issues (e.g., determining allowable costs, correct procedures for purchasing equipment, property disposition, limits on budget revision, cost share, documentation requirements, avoiding common audit findings)
Participants at the workshop will earn 23.4 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is Basic. The delivery method of this program is Group Live and the Field of Study is Specialized Knowledge.
InsideNGO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.